Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope CJ Pony is great with customer service and returns. I've tried to polish out all the scratches in the clear coat with my black GT500 spoiler. After really looking at it today, the paint and clear coat is really thin in areas and looks absolutely horrible compared to the rest of the car. I sent them an email about returning it and getting another one. I hope they don't give me any problems. I ordered the spoiler on May 5th anf recieved it on May 19th. After a few weeks at looking at the horrible paint, I couldn't stand it anymore and asked to return it.

·
Banned
886 Posts
I hope CJ Pony is great with customer service and returns. I've tried to polish out all the scratches in the clear coat with my black GT500 spoiler. After really looking at it today, the paint and clear coat is really thin in areas and looks absolutely horrible compared to the rest of the car. I sent them an email about returning it and getting another one. I hope they don't give me any problems. I ordered the spoiler on May 5th anf recieved it on May 19th. After a few weeks at looking at the horrible paint, I couldn't stand it anymore and asked to return it.
Not sure about their customer service as far as returns go.I have been at their location once & called them once on the phone.They were not real helpful & less than enthusiastic.

As far as your situation goes I'd say you would have needed to return it before installing it & or polishing waxing cleaning it.

Never hurts to try!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Granted, CJ Pony is the vendor, but who makes it? Who did the paint? You may have better luck contacting them directly. Barton and Grabber Pony have been excellent with direct contact.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3D Carbon painted it & shipped it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I got mine in last thursday, took them about 3 days to send it out and then like 3 more to arrive. Got it installed yesterday and mine seemed near perfect. Sucks to hear yours wasn't up to snuff. And yes mine was prepainted as well, black obviously.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got mine in last thursday, took them about 3 days to send it out and then like 3 more to arrive. Got it installed yesterday and mine seemed near perfect. Sucks to hear yours wasn't up to snuff. And yes mine was prepainted as well, black obviously.
Go look at yours in fluorescent lights at night then come talk to me. Out in the sun it looks great, under fluoresent lights at night it looks horrible. Oh well, for the price you can't expect an awesome paint job.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Crap...I ordered one from Stage3 Motorsports but in white. Hope it comes out ok.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Spoilerexpress.com has better prices and the quality is great! Call there 800 number and talk to Travis. Nice guy, fast shipping. I am very pleased with their service.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crap...I ordered one from Stage3 Motorsports but in white. Hope it comes out ok.
You should be fine with white. Light colors don't show the imperfections like a dark color will.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Stage 3 is local here. I have heard through friends their parts are painted by a local shop in Phoenix. Might want to call and ask who does their paint. :bigthumbsup

Mine is ingot silver and looks great. Sorry your are having issues fake, that sucks. Bet if you call 3D they will make it good when you explain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.