Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1995 stang wit flowmasters and knn, i will go about 112. i was wondering if there was a way to keep it from shutting off with out buying a chip or reprogramer. if not wich chip or reprogramer should i buy best for speed

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
whitestang101 said:
i have a 1995 stang wit flowmasters and knn, i will go about 112. i was wondering if there was a way to keep it from shutting off with out buying a chip or reprogramer. if not wich chip or reprogramer should i buy best for speed
As long as it's from a reputable manufacturer, they're all within the same range.

That's the only way to get the speed limiter removed, unless you can talk to your dealer into doing it.

They won't do it, for sure unless you have the tires that will go faster than that without blowing (VR, WR, etc).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rev limiter

kscoyote

Besides the 69 War Horse I also have a 04 drop top V-6 automatic. Besides being able to do maybe 135 really what would be the advantage of take the rev limiter off. Can MY STOCK V-6 handle the rpm's and the abuse without floating the valves. I ask this seriously.

Jess

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Jess said:
kscoyote

Besides the 69 War Horse I also have a 04 drop top V-6 automatic. Besides being able to do maybe 135 really what would be the advantage of take the rev limiter off. Can MY STOCK V-6 handle the rpm's and the abuse without floating the valves. I ask this seriously.

Jess
The speed limiter and the rev limiter are 2 different things.

You CAN rev to 6000 RPM without float, but the cam doesn't make any power after 5400-5500 RPMs so there's no real advantage to removing the rev limiter, unless you swap cams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.