Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought a 04' Mustang GT which looks to be in good shape, unfortunately the reverse lights dont come on while reversing. The dealer told me the reverse switch which sits near the passenger seat(i believe thats the location) is broken and needs to be replaced and i have to take it to ford to get it fixed. Anybody have this problem? and know how much the part costs and if it will lead to any other major problems?

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:AND:welcomeflowers:THE SITE.
Don't forget to post some pic's in your gallery. :bigthumbsup

Try the Tech Forum. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site. Lets see what kind of help we can get you in here.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome... Realizing, of course that this is a guess on my part, I think I paid around $200 to get the reverse lights fixed on my pickup.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Reverse lamp switch is on the transmission so, yes, it is technically under the seat.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
you could take the shifter bezel off as if you were going to take out the shifter and look around to see if the switch is easily accessible.

R

·
0 Posts
Hi,
I just bought a 04' Mustang GT which looks to be in good shape, unfortunately the reverse lights dont come on while reversing. The dealer told me the reverse switch which sits near the passenger seat(i believe thats the location) is broken and needs to be replaced and i have to take it to ford to get it fixed. Anybody have this problem? and know how much the part costs and if it will lead to any other major problems?

automatic or manual trans:headscratch:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Hey guys thanks for the replies i still have not got down to fixing my reverse lights been traveling on work hence the late reply. to RandyStinchcomb post its a manual transmission.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey guys thanks for the replies i still have not got down to fixing my reverse lights been traveling on work hence the late reply. to RandyStinchcomb post its a manual transmission.

well the switch for the reverse lights is not where there telling you it is, it's actually on the driverside of the transmission.......best-bet is to get under the car and look to sea if the switch is there and if it's plugged into the harness, if it is plugged in, then the switch itself could be bad, part # is 6R3Z-15520-AA and is @$80.00 retail

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.