Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have searched and seached and I cant find anyone who has done this. I have a turn signal hood for my '67 and I want to know if anyone has ever reversed the louvers and inserts, creating inset scoops. I have experience with body work and know that it would be a difficult mod but, I think it would look great and be a bump up on the cool factor to something that was already cool as a factory option. It would be one of those things that a Mustang guy would have to give a double take. Thanks for any info, advice, pics...

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Interesting idea, I don't think they're symetrical front to back meaning if you just reverse their direction they won't line up the same leaving gaps. I'm guessing after only having mine out once. The grill area would be sloped down since the forward hood portion dips down, might have a shovel look unless you do major hood work.

Might be easier to start with a plain hood and make the indention valleys from the front of the hood to the grill facing forward vs. the TS hood that slopes from the windshield to the TS grille. Kind of like the '71-'73 Mach1 scoops.
Jon

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent laid out the exact measurments but it seems like the hood gets pretty flat just before and just after the louvers. Seems like it could be a feasable mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts