Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so I recently installed a RGB angel eye kit on my headlights and i have it all hooked up and it works but im having trouble getting the RF remote to work. the angel eyes are on a constant cycle of flashing and changing colors and i cant get the RF remote that was provided to turn it off or anything else. When wiring i hooked up the 12v signal wire to my battery terminal so it gets constant power (simply because i cant find my parking light wire in the mess of 100 wires) but that shouldnt effect the RF remote doing its job should it? any advise is appreciated. I got the product from Diode Dynamics and they havent replied to any of my emails or calls for the last week.

·
Administrator
8,661 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of holiday schedule they may be on, have you tried sending them a pm through our vendor listings?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased the Angel Eye RGB LED Halo kits for my 2007 GT500 foglights and headlights from Diode Dynamics, it requires you to find a way to dissemble your foglight and headlight housings, keep in mind OEM had no intention of these coming apart, they are fused together, since no instructions came with the kits I had to do my own research, there was a card in the box stating to go to their website for instructions but I couldnt find any specific instructions for my specific project on their website. Other companies say to place assemblies in the oven to soften the adhesive (either Butyl or Permaseal) to remove lens from housing, that didnt work out for me, since the foglights would be an easier project than the headlights I decided to start with fog lights first, as the headlights require you to remove the entire front bumper in order to remove headlight buckets, this is the case for most cars. If you are successful in opening the assemblies then another challenge is how to mount the Halo ring in the housing?, again no instructions included in box to help, you have to research on your own. no instructions or mounting hardware included or even suggestions on how to mount the Halo Rings inside housings.

I placed foglights in oven for 10-15 minutes at 200F, no luck the lens would not separate from housing, I later discovered I had aftermarket foglights and maybe perhaps the OEM lights had an adhesive that you can separate in the oven? ,not the case for me my foglights were chemical or thermal welded together, no oven will work so I decided this is too much of a daunting task so I sent back products for credit, I will say DIODE Dynamics products looked of quality and nice packaging and a three year warranty but this particular project was too intimidating for me, and guess what?... Im a project engineer for some 25 years now, so Im usually up to a challenge not this one. Im not even sure if the headlights would work in the oven as well?

·
Registered
21 Posts
my experience in LED lighting has increased significantly since my last post above. I returned the 80mm angel eye rings to diode dynamics and as i feel it didnt fit correctly they include a 80mm ring in their 2007-2009 gt500 foglight angel eye kit but it is on the small side and not as easy to mount versus the 85mm i ordered from another vendor (for one third the cost) but with a one year warranty vs. a three year warranty diode dynamics honors, and to add i had to order the 85mm size directly from china of which is a much higher risk for customer satisfaction, i couldn't find a 85mm vendor in usa but im sorry to say its all coming from china but some designs are different than others and can bring a three year warranty vs. a one year warranty for sure.so are you getting what you pay for when buying from us vendor or china vendor?, you just have to take that chance or not.

I had purchase three different products from three different vendors in led technology and to be honest all the knowledge and customer service is less to be desired, i had either a defect issue or poor tech support with any led company ive dealt with thus far, i tried the wifi led rgb controller and the phone app software that controlled the lighting kept locking up so i had to remove it and resort to a RF remote controller instead. there were so many led controller apps on the app store that you didnt know which version worked the best or if it was even compatible with the controller you purchased? a lot of people i see online who bought the same controller complained a lot about the phone app they downloaded couldnt find the device to connect to on wifi,the problem is they downloaded wrong app for that particular controller but funny thing is the controller looks exactly the same on the outside but there is at least 5 different software versions that get exported from china for it, its that software pirating issue once again it seems.

if anyone needs advice i would love to help and share my experience for 2005 mustang to 2009 led lighting options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts