Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of Rica Tuning? I am considering tuning my EcoBoost and recently came across their web site:

Chiptuning | Rica Engineering Chiptuning

Their Stage 1 and Stage 2 tuning programs seem to add significant hp and torque:

Stage 1:
356 hp @ 5745 rpm (+39 hp)
510 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+78 Nm)

Stage 2:
370 hp @ 5745 rpm (+53 hp)
533 Nm @ 2900 rpm (+101 Nm)

They also claim their tuning is dealer-compliant (I guess this means that it doesn't affect warranty?). If that is the case, then this is a great alternative for EU edition Mustangs.

Anyone with experience with them? I am seriously thinking of going this direction...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Ok......so you're looking at a company that's in the Netherlands.....

you have an engine that is running very high boost levels (12 psi) as compared to typicalaftermarket systems (6-8 psi), this leaves a lot of reliance on the systems towork correctly…as this makes the engine much less forgiving especially withengine mis-fires, etc. which are very prone to burning a hole through a piston(if you are lucky) or even worse, causing substantial catastrophic enginefailure (rod through the block).....from a tuner in another county who claims they can sell you a mail order tune?....anyone who claims they can tune your car without ever seeing it isselling camel poop- period! The cannot tune your engine without seeing the dataspecific to altitude, humidity & fuel burning characteristics- just becauseyou use 93 octane does not mean the 93 octane they used on their dyno (tuners)has the same burning characteristics...nor do they typically address theseasonal fuel blends for each region of the US or Greece, etc......basically IMHO, just like most of the mail order tuners......a bad event is just waiting to happen!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok......so you're looking at a company that's in the Netherlands.....

you have an engine that is running very high boost levels (12 psi) as compared to typicalaftermarket systems (6-8 psi), this leaves a lot of reliance on the systems towork correctly…as this makes the engine much less forgiving especially withengine mis-fires, etc. which are very prone to burning a hole through a piston(if you are lucky) or even worse, causing substantial catastrophic enginefailure (rod through the block).....from a tuner in another county who claims they can sell you a mail order tune?....anyone who claims they can tune your car without ever seeing it isselling camel poop- period! The cannot tune your engine without seeing the dataspecific to altitude, humidity & fuel burning characteristics- just becauseyou use 93 octane does not mean the 93 octane they used on their dyno (tuners)has the same burning characteristics...nor do they typically address theseasonal fuel blends for each region of the US or Greece, etc......basically IMHO, just like most of the mail order tuners......a bad event is just waiting to happen!
They have a dealer in my country who will do the installation of the tune. I already paid them a visit and discussed with them. So I guess they will get all the data they need from my car - it's not gonna be a mail order tuner. My concern is that there seems to be no experience from other Mustang owners as far as their tunes are concerned.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
from what you are saying, you don't even know if they are going to data log your car in actual driving conditions? Are they fully trained factory credentialed mechanics who have specific knowledge about your vehicles ECM software including specific design parameters that ensure those parameters will not be modified or turned off?

Read this......

http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...ceTechTips.pdf

FYI..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts