Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week before Xmas, I'm driving out to a friend's work to drop off some gifts for his kids. His work is out past the Maryhill Bypass for those of you familiar with the Vancouver lower mainland area.

I come off the exit underneath the Port Mann and I'm waiting at the lights. There's a couple of kids in a hopped up Chevy Truck with VERY loud exhaust revving up beside me. I'm not really into racing these guys, least of which because they look like shining examples of inbreeding, and their truck looks like ass.

Light goes green, and the Chev lays down a strip. I'm thinking "Wow, aren't you guys cool." About a mile or so down the bypass I see them again stuck behind a semi, and there's a minivan in the left lane so they can't pass. They're tailgating the semi something fierce. Then the road widens for a left turn lane and the minivan moves into it. I scoot up and take the minivan's place before the Chev realizes the left lane is free. For the next couple of minutes I'm speed matching the semi, and the guys in the Chev are getting really pissed off. Switching to my lane and tailgating me for a few seconds, switching back, etc. A light comes up ahead and it's a fresh yellow. Semi slows down, and I tap the gas to make it through before the red. ******* chevy is stuck on the other side of the intersection. Throughtout this whole game, I didn't go any faster than about 50 MPH.

As I approach the interseciton where I have to turn off, Chev truck screams by me at warp factor five, and pulls into my lane. Classic ricer-fly by style. Then I notice the absolute shame on his rear window. Harley Davidson logo with CHEVY TRUCK above and below the HD text. So not only is this guy a ricer wannabe, he's suffering F150 envy cuz chev doesn't make a Harley Davidson edition pickup.

Oh, and this time, I have a photo. Snapped with my phone just before I turned left to meet my buddy. The enlarged logo shows exactly how his decal appeared. Font style and all. :rolleyes: This was also the very first Ricer Fly-By I've received... and with a domestic vehicle no less...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Hahahaa, I love it when people temp faith with a busted pickup with no airbags. Damn hicks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,404 Posts
Still, it's not cool to block people. The golden rule of the road should be to try to stay out of others' way. You definitely want to let those guys get as far away as possible, could be a highly volatile mobile meth lab.
Was the s10 a V8?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It had a dual exhaust. Could have been a V8... (?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
a small block s10 can be fast. And downright fugly, given the chance. it wasn't those guys from the Hemi commercial drivng, was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,724 Posts
You call that a hopped up chevy truck? Look's like a migrant worker shi* kicker. LOL Prolly just had no mufflers on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
Doesn't suprise me. The other night while in the Vette, two different trucks, two different pricks trying to show me something. Not sure why but it wasn't the first time and won't be the last time for any of us against the truck bandits :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
95MGTS said:
Doesn't suprise me. The other night while in the Vette, two different trucks, two different pricks trying to show me something. Not sure why but it wasn't the first time and won't be the last time for any of us against the truck bandits :mad:

Hehe, go check out:
www.f150online.com
Several trucks there that will DESTROY your vette.....

Lightnings are nothing to scoff at, even driving your vette.

Don't forget the Dudge SRT10. Even though it's crapily built, it still is damned fast.

I have a work-buddy that had a Lightning, and traded it in for the SRT10, and an SRT4. The L was faster...........:evillol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
383 strokers in gutted out mini trucks are nothing to scoff at. These seem to popular around my area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
JEB said:
Hehe, go check out:
www.f150online.com
Several trucks there that will DESTROY your vette.....

Lightnings are nothing to scoff at, even driving your vette.

Don't forget the Dudge SRT10. Even though it's crapily built, it still is damned fast.

I have a work-buddy that had a Lightning, and traded it in for the SRT10, and an SRT4. The L was faster...........:evillol:
These weren't fast trucks and that wasn't my point. You're obviously trying to start **** by taking my point out of context. Not once did I say anything about modded trucks or that my Vette is faster than all trucks. I could list a site that has minivans running 10's, again, that's not the point. I understand you are easily offended by anything that's faster than a Ford. Of course anything can be made to be fast. Your typical Ford needs that little extra to go fast anyway :happyhapp Getting that supercharger anytime soon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
95MGTS said:
These weren't fast trucks and that wasn't my point. You're obviously trying to start **** by taking my point out of context. Not once did I say anything about modded trucks or that my Vette is faster than all trucks. I could list a site that has minivans running 10's, again, that's not the point. I understand you are easily offended by anything that's faster than a Ford. Of course anything can be made to be fast. Your typical Ford needs that little extra to go fast anyway :happyhapp Getting that supercharger anytime soon?
I dont think JEB was trying to start anything, i think he was simply stateing that there are some trucks out there that are a match for your vette. Although i can understand why you could think otherwise... im just trying to keep it friendly, because there is really no reason it shouldn't be. By the way, i like your "dream car". :winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
95MGTS said:
These weren't fast trucks and that wasn't my point. You're obviously trying to start **** by taking my point out of context. Not once did I say anything about modded trucks or that my Vette is faster than all trucks. I could list a site that has minivans running 10's, again, that's not the point. I understand you are easily offended by anything that's faster than a Ford. Of course anything can be made to be fast. Your typical Ford needs that little extra to go fast anyway :happyhapp Getting that supercharger anytime soon?
Very outstanding response. I love the "Snap-Back" Action. Reminds me of G.I.-Joe, very professional!

Moving along and back on topic!

In the region I'm located in, Southern United States, Louisiana, ******* Capital of the World, you'll see a lot of trucks like that. Beaten down, rusted, and no exhaust pipes. I hear them running around all the time. Not head-turning machines, but you look at them and wonder "What the hell is this guy thinking"?

I've had one or two of them try to run with me. I only smile, continously, then slam the throttle and move into their lane and flip the Hazards twice. They seem to back off after that, I don't know why.

meangreen92 said:
The golden rule of the road should be to try to stay out of others' way
But, that's no fun! Come on. I've done it before and I'll end up doing it again: Just being an ass on the road. That one guy that wants to be faster than anyone but then gets caught behind a Semi. It's just pleasing to watch! :evillol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
redhot87 said:
I dont think JEB was trying to start anything, i think he was simply stateing that there are some trucks out there that are a match for your vette. Although i can understand why you could think otherwise... im just trying to keep it friendly, because there is really no reason it shouldn't be. By the way, i like your "dream car". :winks
Sorry for the delayed response but I'm deployed so my internet access is hit and miss. JEB just likes to take shots, no big deal, but I can throw back. I secretly like his car, even without the supercharger. Again, my point wasn't about my Vette being the quickest car on the road, I've been into this hobby long enough to know how big your wallet is equals how fast you want to go. When I race at Barona, I lose 90% of all my races. I've lost to a Pinto, a Chevelle, a Hot Rod, etc. I'm getting heads/cam this summer and I would probably still lose 90% of the races at Barona. My car drives nice though!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
95MGTS said:
Sorry for the delayed response but I'm deployed so my internet access is hit and miss. JEB just likes to take shots, no big deal, but I can throw back. I secretly like his car, even without the supercharger. Again, my point wasn't about my Vette being the quickest car on the road, I've been into this hobby long enough to know how big your wallet is equals how fast you want to go. When I race at Barona, I lose 90% of all my races. I've lost to a Pinto, a Chevelle, a Hot Rod, etc. I'm getting heads/cam this summer and I would probably still lose 90% of the races at Barona. My car drives nice though!!
Um, I wasn't trying to take shots......just don't want ANYONE who doesn't know about Lightnings to get embarrassed. I apologize for coming off like a jerk, wasn't intentional.

I DID talk the wife into Flowmasters for my B-Day, no sc yet, dammit!

Thanks for the compliments on the car, I'd say the same, but you know my opinions on that matter :evillol:


Young_Buck, watch out down there. Half of my family is from that area, the other half from North La. I grew up around New Orleans.
Some of those ******** (**** a$$e$) will eat you, literally. :evillol:
You'd be amazed at what goes into good boudin....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
littleMT said:
Yup, your vette is rather slow...
..........is it now :) Well, like I said, it drives nice :thumbsup

Oh yeah, do you even have a car? What I mean is, for someone to call another persons car slow, they had better be able to back it up with something.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
41 Posts
95MGTS said:
..........is it now :) Well, like I said, it drives nice :thumbsup

Oh yeah, do you even have a car? What I mean is, for someone to call another persons car slow, they had better be able to back it up with something.

i have a lil ol neon.... :kooky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
littleMT said:
i have a lil ol neon.... :kooky:
Times for the mighty neon? I'm curious about your times, not buddies, friends or relatives. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some quick, really quick, running SRT-4's but I want to know your times.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
41 Posts
95MGTS said:
Times for the mighty neon? I'm curious about your times, not buddies, friends or relatives. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some quick, really quick, running SRT-4's but I want to know your times.

I just got a new turbo and engine buildup...
I don't have times on the new setup, as it was just finished a couple of weeks ago
and our local track just opened....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
littleMT said:
I just got a new turbo and engine buildup...
I don't have times on the new setup, as it was just finished a couple of weeks ago
and our local track just opened....
Well, I didn't ask about your future mods or what you might run, I asked about your current times. I've got heads/cam from A&A coming this July but really, who gives a ****? I don't have them yet, haven't run it yet so it would be lame to list it. You said my Vette was slow and the only way to call that would be to compare it to your times. So again, what are your current times? I understand it's the internet and keyboard warriors abound but back it up bud. Lets hear or at least post the timeslip. Tired of the I can beat 99% of the cars on the road with my mostly stock v-6 mustang crap. Lets see it turbo!!
 
1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top