Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't a recent story, but just something I remembered when I read through another post here this morning...
Like 6 years ago, I was in high school, and some other guy I knew had a really mean looking 70 something Mach 1. White with Yellow racing stripes, big gigantic rear tires...it just looked mean...
I was in a friend of a friend's Civic hatchback, exhaust, intake, speedo unplugged...little fake fire extinguisher double sided taped to the a pillar...not ricy looking, but definitly rice...we were driving over to where the friend with the Mach 1 was working at to ask him some questions, and on the way there another Civic hatchback pulls next to us at a stop light and starts the ricer mating call...the guy we were riding with answers back and tells us to hold on cause we're about to race...
light turns green...tires squeal...car felt pretty quick considering I still wasn't into horsepower back then, kill him by about 6-7 car lenghts before he shuts down and coasts to the next stop light...at the next stop light, there's an Eclipse next to us and he begins the mating call too...as this guy is answering back...we hear a whiny high pitched sound get louder and louder...I turn around, since I was in the back seat, and see that first Civic we raced come flying towards us...
he tries to cut into the left hand turn lane and fly by all of us standing still waiting for the light to turn green, but realizes there's cars their too, slides back into his original lane and slams on his brakes...sure enough...screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech...wam!
Civic got folded up like an accordion....and oddly enough...not a single visible dent to the eclipse...it looked like it just rocked forward and that was it...so of course in true typical ricer fashion, the guy we were with makes a quick right turn and we fly away on the free way...
watching that Civic crumple up how bad it did and nothing happening to the Eclipse that I could see, made me very quickly lose respect for Civics and like Eclipse's even more at the time

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.