Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
He sounds like an idiot. Trying to compare a $30,000 car to a car projected to cost almost $100,000 is almost every ricer's failed argument. For a fair comparison, it would have to be compared to the ZR1 vette, which would give the NSX a run for its money.

These guys also don't realize, there is a damn good reason why all of the high hp/liter cars come from Europe and Asia. They have very strict regulations when it comes to their engines, forcing them to make their engines like that. Meanwhile, in America, they are focusing on larger displaced engines, leaving a lot of after market potential and making easy hp. So, the difference is, one has to, the other does not, so they don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish i could show you what he is writing now he is bringing up gtrs killing shelbys in every way 0-60, 1/4mile , track whatever els i want tthem to feel like ****

·
Super Moderator
40,047 Posts
Welcome to the site!! What are you driving?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wish i could show you what he is writing now he is bringing up gtrs killing shelbys in every way 0-60, 1/4mile , track whatever els i want tthem to feel like ****
Again, there is a $20,000 difference in those cars. A GT500 can be bought for around $60,000. The GTR is priced at $87,000 the last time I looked at one. You can mod the GT500 lightly and whoop the GTR for that money.

You need to just stop arguing with people like this. They don't understand the concepts at play here. My buddy had an STi a few years ago. He bragged about its 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times constantly. Then he tried to replicate those numbers and failed, miserably. You know why? Because in an AWD car, in order to create those 0-60s and good ETAs, you have to be willing to rev, dump and obliterate the clutch. Within a few months of driving the car like that, and you're going to be replacing the clutch. RWD cars, OTOH, have much more consistent times without absolutely destroying the car. For this reason, Nissan added Tq management with launch control etc, because people were bringing their cars back after a couple months with fried clutches.

Anyway, I digress. Trust me when I say this, you will never change his mind, and he's getting a rise out of you. Just reply "cool story brah" and ignore everything he says.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One way to shut him up is to ask what he drives, Then ask to race him.

He most likely drives a Civic, Right? =P

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks we had a big debate. I came to a win. Cuz he kept bringing up cars that beat american cars. So i just broguht up the shleby1000, cobra jet ,ford gt , Venom Gt . Game over for him lol. Ik what you mean the price range , but at the end muscle always wins

1 - 8 of 8 Posts