Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I came across this on some civic forums. Was on there looking for a guy I raced last night in my rx7, of course I was faster, just making sure there were no lies going round, but this one tops them all.

http://civic.indybbs.net/viewforum.php?f=8

Here is the main part that got me fired up.

"i went to the speedway last night with a couple friends in his 92 5.0 fox body mustang(let me tell you it is mod'd like no other) and he just put in his nitrous oxide and was going to use it and when it was his turn to go and when he took his run he ran a 15 and i jus laughed at him cause he told me if would run a 12 and right behind him was a civic(automatic) and it ran a 13 and i can say that was the last time i heard him say a bad thing about my civic!"

·
Registered
701 Posts
He might have had those yellow spark plug wires!
They are good for at least an other 40 horses...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Good lord!!!! That site is simply nausiating!!!!!

I can smell the crap through the screen!!!!!!!!

G

·
Amazingly enough most of those people seem moderately intelligent. Why is it that every time I meet someone with a civic they talk sh*t?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
the iceman seems to know what he is talking about. i wonder why he doesnt have a stang himself.

strip you interior compleatly out, drop in a B18 and a good turbo. You will beable to beat STOCK stangs. Stangs (except the V6 ones.. they are a joke) are powerhouses, they pretty much can wipe the floor with you if they are tuned in strait line racing, it takes very little effort to make a car thats fast stock faster, it takes alot more effort to make something thats fairly slow stock fast as hell.

·
Registered
530 Posts
[QUOTE='95.0 stang]Amazingly enough most of those people seem moderately intelligent. Why is it that every time I meet someone with a civic they talk sh*t?[/QUOTE]

It's just like teenage guys that are virgins also talk $hit. But instead of just never being able to score with a girl, no matter how hard they try, with the Civic punks you also have to add in the fact they have never been able to score a win with their car either.

·
Registered
171 Posts
[QUOTE='95.0 stang]Amazingly enough most of those people seem moderately intelligent. Why is it that every time I meet someone with a civic they talk sh*t?[/QUOTE]
probably because the facts were spelled out in a variety of ways - there was nothing to argue. you can't just spout your track times b/c some kid with a miss-calibrated g-tech ran a low 13 so now all vtec's run that too!!! one dude said "are you sure he was racing you?" no doubt the 350 is a nice ride but is it the end-all be-all of the import world?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
blackened said:
probably because the facts were spelled out in a variety of ways - there was nothing to argue. you can't just spout your track times b/c some kid with a miss-calibrated g-tech ran a low 13 so now all vtec's run that too!!! one dude said "are you sure he was racing you?" no doubt the 350 is a nice ride but is it the end-all be-all of the import world?
I killed the 350z and posted about it there....
Yes I'm sure he was racing...so was I...not much traffic at that time of the morning.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Why slow Civics?

There is a problem, fundamentally, with front wheel drive. Used to be, they were nice handling cars, b/c they had fully independent suspensions. RWDs generally had solid rear axles so simply did not handle as well. Handling is still more of a problem for stock vehicles with a live axle, rear.

I would call basic (unmodified) handling a win for Honda.

Here is where the ricers start to lose. What happens when you step on the gas in, say, a 300hp front wheel drive? Same as every other car. The front end lifts and puts additional weight on the rear wheels. The front is where your drive wheels are and they are losing traction, during acceleration. If you have a rear wheel drive, you can actually acclerate harder without losing traction. That is the main benefit to rear wheel drive.

Benefit to front wheel drive? You can point your drive wheels in the direction you want to go. Awesome in a parking lot. Not so fantastic, on the icy freeway. Another downside to that. Which tires spin, in low traction conditions? Do you want the wheels you are steering with to lose traction on acceleration? Not me.

What happens when you have a good car with 50/50 weight differential? Same pounds on the rear wheels as the front. No gain for the FWDs there.

The new Mustang has something like 70 pounds less on the rear wheels compared to the front. But I think the driver sits closer to the rears than the fronts, yes? Seat is just in front of the rear wheel wells, right? Maybe, with a driver, it is just about 50/50.

There is a reason why Ferrari and Lambourghini and Aston Martin and Bentley (sick power) and Jaguar and everyone else doesn't make their hot sports cars FWD. If you want to build a Civic with sickening power, make it RWD and make it handle well. Then you can challenge the Mustangs. Or, you could save the money and buy a Mustang and join us with a smug smile on your face.

Call it a smirk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
here's my favorite post:

"it's cuz of their HUGE displacement... adding just simple intake header and exhaust on a 'stang tacks 100+ ponies... good luck on your "killer civic" project...
"

lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
DarkShadowGT03 said:
here's my favorite post:

"it's cuz of their HUGE displacement... adding just simple intake header and exhaust on a 'stang tacks 100+ ponies..."
what is this 100+ hp intake/exhaust of which you speak?

lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
What cracks me up:happyhapp is that the topic was originally about how some dude wants to put together a hot a$$ civic to whip on stangs and as the thread go's on everybody's givig mustangs props.RESPECT!:evillol: Thats what I'm talking bout. They should just buy a stang.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
whitefifty said:
They should just buy a stang.
Their parents won't let 'em...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.