Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was coming home from a visit and got "rode up on" by a kid with an attitude in a Honda Si, Ri, or something. He was complete with the fart can and dash mounted gauges, one being some fuel-air mixture thing. Off we go from a dead stop, he stuck with me until just under 1/4 mile I pulled away at 105 MPH. You could hear him pushing and shifting the hell out of that thing. At the next light, he looked away with a PISSED off look. I have a V6 with an auto. I could read his mind; all this money on after-market and still get beaten! The worst mistake he made....his girlfriend was in the car! :hihi: I hope he knew that he was racing a V6 and didn't think he was coming that close to a GT? Chalk up one for the 40 year old guy and his 40 year old wife....Damn....I beat him carrying 80 years in the car!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice work. I suspect the only way he could have felt worse is if you had declined his challenge, a weeny punk-ass 4-beater not being worth the additional wear on your engine. :laughlitt

·
Registered
200 Posts
Way to spank him :clap , Its great hearing stories like this :thumbsup

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nice Kill!
Will those ricer's ever learn not to mess with a "Stang? I usually won't even give them the time of day, but every now and then it's nice to sucker punch a Mitsubishi 3000 or a 300Z!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I'm still waiting to get that chance. That's so funny. Ricers racing mustangs...haha when will they learn?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Just more proof that even though they claim to hate us, they still know that we have the cars that they want to beat.:thumbsup

Good job, I hope you made a big play of laughing at him an let him see it:evillol: :evillol: !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Speaking of racing, I've got a stock auto GT. If I pull up to a light anticipating a race, should I turn the OD and TCS off? I didn't know if one or the other will take away from maximum performance from a stop.

thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
FireMedic90 said:
Speaking of racing, I've got a stock auto GT. If I pull up to a light anticipating a race, should I turn the OD and TCS off? I didn't know if one or the other will take away from maximum performance from a stop.

thanks
Im stock auto GT as well and from experience, keep the TCS on. Hardcore racers will say take it off, but Safety wise its a smart decision. I got in a race with 2004 M3, and I whooped him 3 times in a row, cause his car had bad starts due to his car not leaping off well at the start on the georgetown roads. The TCS kept my car in control and the roads were not a problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
M3 huh? Pretty impressive. How about the OD? It seems a little more responsive when it's off, but I'm just not sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Couldnt help you on the OD, only use it when I drive an SUV. Hah the m3 was a nice kill, but just basically lucky cause his car was getting zero traction at the start..so he lost precious seconds trying to get moving while I had already launched.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
FireMedic90 said:

thanks
Yuo should have TCS off for racing cuz it won't cut power if you start to peel out. HOWEVER, if your not good at racing or experienced in how muchgas to give it off the start, TCS will pevent you from losing precious seconds in peeling out. TCS will get you going quicker if you give it too much gas, in turn might help you win the race, like that other guy did against the M3. If he had TCS or something like that he prolly woulda beaten the stang. So it depends on how experienced you are.

Most kids will turn it off just thinking it will give them more power in a race, then accidentally chirp/peel out, and end up losing the race cuz of it. I'd say keep it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts