Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising home on the freeway from my friends house pissed off about USC losing when I see a car with green neon lights under the car in my rear view mirror whipping around cars and coming up kinda fast on me. I was only going about 65mph.

Anyway, I thought to myself "there is no way I can pass this up". So I basically already made up my mind I was going to run this dude with gay ass neon lights......so I let him get close to me and go a little bit ahead so I could see what kind of car it was.....you guys are going to laugh....it was a v-6 Hyundai Tiburon with fart cans and rims.

So I start pacing the guy and surging forward and letting off like I wanted to run with him.....I could see him keep looking down at the emblem and the shaker to see what the hell kind of mustang I was driving.....so finally he must have got pissed enough to want to run cause he down shifted and took off (well, I don't know about took off, but he went ahead).

Seriously, I must have let this dude get about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me before even down shifting....ha ha....but once I did I flew by that dude like he was standing still...I got up to 120 before shutting it down.....then I went up beside him again and he didn't want anymore cause he moved over another lane and slowed down. ha ha ha

I know this isn't a good kill and I picked on this guy which I normally would never do, but the green neon under the car just really bugged me for some reason.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Neon invites attention.

You gave it to him...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, but it probably wasn't the kind of attention he was looking for. ha ha ha

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Who puts neon on their car anymore? Sounds like one stupid ricer, to me.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Pretty sure neon is illegal on the road, right? Only for showroom use I think.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow... I didn't know Hyundai could make a V-6... :tongue
Neon is just the ricer's way of telling the world he ain't got game. You picked the fight, but he had it coming. Like walking into a biker bar dressed in a pink shaker knit sweater, he's just asking to get owned.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Redeemer said:
Wow... I didn't know Hyundai could make a V-6... :tongue
Neon is just the ricer's way of telling the world he ain't got game. You picked the fight, but he had it coming. Like walking into a biker bar dressed in a pink shaker knit sweater, he's just asking to get owned.
Hyundai makes everything from computers, to buses, to heavy construction equipment, and yes, even cars, including Kia's. They are one of, if not the largest S. Korean company.

·
Registered
102 Posts
JEB said:
Hyundai makes everything from computers, to buses, to heavy construction equipment, and yes, even cars, including Kia's. They are one of, if not the largest S. Korean company.
Actually Jeb, I was being sarcastic. Hence the :tongue emoticon.

I lived in Korea for 2 years and know full well what Hyundai is involved in. You left out heavy industry, shipbuilding, metal foundries, turbines, home appliances and motorcycles to name a few others.

I just have such a disdain for Hyundai CARS that I'm surprised they could actually build a V-6 that performs worth a damn.

·
Registered
472 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Pretty sure neon is illegal on the road, right? Only for showroom use I think.
I think that differs from state to state, just like what level of window tint is street legal, etc. In some states, the lights themselves can't be visible, but they are okay as long as the actual lights are obscured by the car and only the glow is visible. I think other states have made anything illegal 'that could distract another driver'. I'm not really sure what the law here in Tennessee is as I don't really care because I don't have/want neons. I can say that I routinely see vehicles (from Hondas to SUVs) around here with neon and the police do not pull them over. I think the big thing in Tennessee is that no vehicle can have red lights except on the rear of the car (brake lights) and can only have certain colors on the front (headlights/driving lights). In some states, blackout headlight and tail-light covers are illegal. Legal or not, they don't seem to be a problem around here. If the 'no distraction' law exists in Tennessee, it isn't enforced in my area. Probably a good thing. If the law exists and were strictly enforced to the letter, I imagine I might have troubles with a bright yellow, V8 powered vehicle with Flowmaster exhaust!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Redeemer said:
Actually Jeb, I was being sarcastic. Hence the :tongue emoticon.

I lived in Korea for 2 years and know full well what Hyundai is involved in. You left out heavy industry, shipbuilding, metal foundries, turbines, home appliances and motorcycles to name a few others.

I just have such a disdain for Hyundai CARS that I'm surprised they could actually build a V-6 that performs worth a damn.
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just thought you may not have known...

Yeah, I didn't even get off the ship when we pulled up there... It STANK!!!!! BAD!!!! Like no other port we pulled into....

·
Registered
7 Posts
in TN i think the law for neons.... you cant have them on when your driving they are a distraction... and if you have red blue or white you can only have them on in some places iv seen a few ppl get a ticket sittin parked with their lites on when they were in a group.... green,yellow,orange,etc...not so much a big deal, to me they jus look trashy and alot of the mexicans<no offense> have them on their lil hoopties.. and the blk out covers are illegal cause they want to see your brake lites on GAY!! i think they look nice on fixed up trucks... i used to hang out with a lil tiburon group they dnt like me no mo cause i own a mustang.. or mayb its because they would b owned eazily and i rubbed it in a lil bit..:tongue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.