Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richmond, BC. Not Richmond, VA. :winks

What is it with this town? It seems like every kid under 30 here has a gayed out ricer that's all flash and no substance, and they always pick on the Mustang. This morning, I'm driving down bridgeport on my way to the office, stopped at a light and this kid pulls up beside in a blue Tiburon. He's got his seat leaned back so far he can hardly see over the steering wheel, an oversize custom tail, and decal packages all over his rear windows. I glance at his car and don't give it a second thought, then I hear the buzz. He's revving on me, and now I know he's got the fart-can on.

I look over and he's staring right at me, just blipping his gas with a smirk on his face. I look him straight in the eye, and let him know what a real motor sounds like. His face just dropped when he heard the growl. I start laughing because now he's not revving anymore and won't even look at me.
Man, I bet you even his buddies razz him for driving a Hyundai.

Do you guys have the same brand of pretentious ricer where you live?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
not really. they look at the stang with jaws dropped. kinda like they are aspiring to own one some day. i don't get revved on very much. I don't even give them the benefit of a slam most of the time. just because i know what the outcome will be.
i get the feeling the ricers get satisfaction from provoking us to wind it out. like it gives them the feeling their car was worthy enough for us to waste our gas on, even when they know they will be anhilated.
i will somtimes just tell them their car has potential. just like every other car on the road.

·
Registered
567 Posts
When I had my Cobra, no ricer dare to look my way :winks As loud as my car was, its seems like I dont exist when I pull up on people :shrug ..... With my Type R, I get so many people challenging me, now im the one that looks away :doh: Just sometimes :tongue

·
Registered
472 Posts
The few Tiburons I have seen had the stock look and were being driven fairly sensibly. Many of the true 'ricers' in my area are in older, import or domestic four door family cars which look just plain sad with their bolt-on wings, huge exhaust and/or expensive wheels (or plastic hubcaps trying to look like expensive wheels). There are a few bright aluminum wings and angry mosquito exhausts on otherwise nice cars which were obviously bought by the ricer's parents. There are some guys with pretty well done compact cars, but most of them probably have the 'go' to back up their 'show' and don't seem to have the ricer attitude. None of the ricer guys rev on me, but a few have attempted the fly-by. If there is traffic, I usually ignore them. If there is no traffic then the fly-by usually ends up being denied. The most sour looks I have ever seen have been when I have let a ricer pass me after making him realize that I was letting him pass. Of course, the fact that I am usually laughing by that point probably doesn't help their egos much. Weird thing is, ricer boys used to rev on me all the time when I had my raised, 4 wheel drive Ranger. Sadly, there are a few riced-out Mustangs around here and those guys seem to have the worst attitudes of all, but I have never come across one of them while driving my 'Stang. If I do, I will probably just let it go as, from what I have seen, those guys tend to drive like complete idiots.

In the 'Stang, I have more trouble with people my age or older in family sedans, minivans and SUVs than with the ricers. Not that these folks rev on me, but whenever I am on the Interstate, they seem to be determined to pass me no matter how fast I am going or how erratically they have to drive to do so. The other day traffic was pretty light and no police in sight, so I was cruising along at around 85 in a 70 and this guy (older than me, wearing a tie) in what looked to be a newer base-model Nissan Sentra (not riced, factory exhaust, stock wheels, etc.) was determined he was going to pass me. He tried for five or ten miles, weaving in an out of what little traffic there was, trying to get around me. I finally slowed down and let him pass because I was concerned that he was going to cause a wreck. Once he passed me, he slowed to around 70 and I went right on by him, minding my own business, without even speeding back up . I have had similar experiences with a guy in an older Jeep Grand Cherokee and a woman in a Mazda minivan, just to name a few.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, I run into a lot of "ricers" here in the SF Bay Area, but they usually don't mess with my Mach cause most of them are trying to figure out what the hell is coming out of the hood! ha ha ha.....To be honest , I get more attitude and challenges from 05/06 v6 and GT owners.....Not sure why, especially from the v-6's....hmmmm...

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
I never get revved on, but I did come across a Tiberon recently. A friend and I were cruisining along in the stang, when I happened to look in the rear view and notice the tiberon and a Z4 fast approaching. The Z4 was behind me and the Tiberon was in the other lane. They appeared to be racing, and as the Tiberon was coming up beside me, I threw it into 3rd and laid into it. I never did see the front bumper of the tiberon, as I pulled away with ease. The Z4 was far behind, to my suprise. The Tiberon turned right at the next light while me and the Z4 turned left. Traffic was pretty heavy and we were on a two lane road, and the beamer got a kick out of gunning it and riding my a$$. At one point, a car in front of me turned off, which gave me a little room to get on it. As I did, the Z4 stuck right with me with ease. We never did get a chance to race, as we were on a stretch of road known for police activity, but that little car was quick, and I am sure it would have gave me a run for my money. Maybe next time :laughlitt .

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
if i remember correctly, the BMW Z4 has a quicker 0-60 than most late model Stangs. includeing the 05 and 06.

someone will probably post some stats.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Thanks Gro_oms!!

i guess i am getting lazy in my old age.
the Bimmer isn't to shabby up to 60. it could be a drivers race up to that point.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Where I live there are alot of ricers, but alot of them are fast. We get the usual crappy ricers like everyone. But there are also alot of sleepers. There was a guy just the other night in what looked like an 85 civic 4 door. It was sun faded origional red paint, looked bone stock, didnt see any guages or fart can or anthing. He gets on it, and you hear his turbo start spooling and he is gone. But, I will say that a certain group like the 3.8 mustangs. I bet each day I see around 4-5 3.8 mustangs that have stock engines, but are riced out. In the town I live in, there is even a 2.3 fox mustang with a fart can. I work with a guy with a 91 2.3 hatchback stang with a cervini's ram air hood, ponies, and dual exhaust run to stock 5.0 tailpipes, looks so fast.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I tend to get the F-150s and SUVs reving @ me just cuz they want to see what my car can do. I NEVER have the ricer's or v-6 mustangs challenge. I will get the SS Camaros and Vettes want to try their luck. You know, you win some you lose some. My car just sounds so mean and loud that I think it scares people off.

What really irritates me is when people want to race when I have my son in the car. I mean he's right there in his little car seat in the front, CMON PEOPLE!!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ricer experience...

About 3 years ago I had a white 98 GT with tan Ragtop 5 speed. I had 2 3/4 Bassani exhaust with offroad Xpipe, MAC cold air kit, steeda timing advancer, and BULLITT wheels. I pulled up to a light and got caught next to a 4 door Honda Accord 4 cyl with dual fartcans. (two of them make it REALLY fast). He had about $3000 worth of wheels and tires and all applicable decals and accoutraments, just to make sure the world knew just how powerful that bad 94 +/- 4cyl motor really was. He had a really good looking blonde riding passenger. I was on his right side, and had my top down. The blonde was seriously checking out my ride. It was a VERY pretty car. He catches her looking my way, and gets all bent about it. Starts revving that poor little motor like crazy. Sounded really pathetic. I gave it one good rev. With that offroad X it sounded really mean. She looked back over, and ricer boy looked too. He rolled down the pass window about half way and goes, "DAMN dude, that aint stock! I'm not racing that!!" I responded, "Yours isn't stock, c'mon man!! Lets go!!"

He did his best to look tough in his sideways ball cap, and ignored me after that.

Pretty funny when you can scare the fight out of someone with the sound of one rev.

Honestly, I haven't had too many try to challenge my mustangs, unless they have a girl with them. I figure they have fallen enough to know that it is no use. I see them challenging each other all the time, even on the freeway in rush hour traffic. It makes more sense to race each other, as they are more closely matched, but it is foolishness to race on a crowded freeway. :sterb:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have more often then not been challenged by guys in trucks. Like the other day I was headed out to dinner with my girlfriend and the road is four lane thats about to switch to two. I look in my side mirror and this truck is commin up quick (GMC sierra stepside w/ dual exhaust), so I let him go by and it switches to two lane and he slows down. I wasnt to ticked cause he didnt slow down enough to make me slow down; but couple miles later the road switches back to four lanes and he gets in the right hand lane and slows down again. at this point I knew what he was doin so I turned off the cruise and maintained speed and when I get right up next to him he paces me. I look over at him and he's lookin right at me and nods his head. So I dropped it into fourth (but I could of went to third) and punched it. Up to 80 I slowly crept on him where I finally winded up fourth gear and then I just walked on him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.