Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2006 GT I wanted to make all three lights light up when I put on the brake. So I installed a "brake light" socket on each side and jumped the brake wire to them. Everything was working great until I noticed just one light was lit one the right side. I checked the Brake wire and I have no power coming through. So I jumped the working brake wire and now all three lights light up but the signal is blinking very fast but just to that side... any ideas?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
On my 2006 GT I wanted to make all three lights light up when I put on the brake. So I installed a "brake light" socket on each side and jumped the brake wire to them. Everything was working great until I noticed just one light was lit one the right side. I checked the Brake wire and I have no power coming through. So I jumped the working brake wire and now all three lights light up but the signal is blinking very fast but just to that side... any ideas?
The flasher is controled by the PCM. So it's seeing to much resistance. It's not designed for that.

·
Registered
874 Posts
On most cars if one side blinks fast, it's letting you know your turn signal is out. I don't know how that plays into your issue, but you probably shouldn't have jumped the wires.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Back in the day you could play with your electricals pretty much any way you wanted. If you drew too many amps you could just use a heavier fuse... or a .22 LR round! :hihi: But nowadays when you start fooling with the wires, the car's computer no likey. :nono:

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
The only way your going to get that fix or what you want is to go with a system from webelectric.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's for sure. I took out the "smart box" and all kinds of things went wrong... I took the battery cables off and held the wires together and it reset it thank God! I just like the looks of the three lights lit up. How about using a resistor?

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
That's for sure. I took out the "smart box" and all kinds of things went wrong... I took the battery cables off and held the wires together and it reset it thank God! I just like the looks of the three lights lit up. How about using a resistor?
Don't know. You were lucky with the SJB, are you willing to shoot craps again?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well everyone... thank you for your input. I did some more messing around and as it turns out one of the right side wires is not working. I hooked all three lights together and they worked but blinked fast. So the wire that is not working I hooked it up to another socket with a bulb and it still didn't work but all three lights work fine and blink like they are suppost to.... p.s. I did try to hook in a relay but that didn't help.. I'm still going to see if I can find out why the one wire isn't working...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.