Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Mustang GT 4.6L with a Kenne Bell 9psi Super Charger Kit, everything else is stock, well has Magna Flow exhaust, 5 speed standard transmission, P295/35/18 rear tires 26.2" tall. Rear gear now is stock 3.27.

I was considering 3.73, 3.89, 4.10. Any input on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
A popular gear for a supercharged GT is 3.55. I'm sure you're well aware of the traction problems on our cars and 3.55 doesn't make that unlivable but still gives some improvement. I see you've got 295's on the car. How much did that help when you put those on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
295's

BFGoodrich G-Force T/A Radial ..... Now I can only do burn outs through 1st, half way through second. Used to be able to burn completely through 2nd gear. They ride like crap on the back. I currently have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 rear and 265/35/18 front. They are the best riding tire. The traction on also pretty good.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I have F1 DS-G3's on the rear of mine and when they've got some heat built up, they stick like glue. When they're cold, be really light with the throttle.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Definitley don't go over 3.73. Autorotors make so much power at low rpm's that a steep gear ratio isn't neccessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.