Although I’m, personally, not a huge fan of the Brothers Ring and their work (endowed with all the subtlety of the Ringling Brothers, as it is), I am clearly in the minority. Or maybe I’m just broke. Because this ’67 Mustang just sold for a record-setting $265,000 on Bring a Trailer.

With that, the Mustang becomes the most expensive Mustang ever sold by the auction website.

Modified by Ringbrothers, it was stripped down to bare metal and rebuilt like Steve Austin. The drip rails and door handles were shaved and the dorsal line along the length of the car was raised.

The trunk and hood are both fully carbon fiber, the taillight panel was custom-built and the whole car was shortened. New bumpers helped with that and aero, no doubt, as did steel ground effect panels that allegedly keep underbody air disturbances to a minimum.

It rides on 19-inch forged aluminum wheel that are 8 inches wide in the front and 11 in the back. The surround 15-inch rotors are the front and 14-inchers at the back and the callipers are provided Baer.

The front suspension is fully independent and the back is a triangulated four-link suspension that bolts to a centrally mounted support brace.

That should help keep the power down, which is furnished by a 427 cid Roush V8. It has a aluminum cylinder heads, individual throttle bodies, and fuel injection.