Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... i can kiss my poor motor goodbye now. She finally gave away today and started smoking. We were on the way back from a car show and my husband said the car felt like it had no power at all. And he stomped it to the floor and basically.... it went no where. Well he tried it again and happend to look in the rearview mirror and a grayish white smoke went everywhere out the back. Smelled like burnt oil and gas.. guess the rings are burning up in the car now. Doesnt smoke when driving it normal though..so maybe it'll hold on long enough not to be embarassing to drive till i get the cobra motor dropped in... dah... need uhm bout $5,000 more bucks to do this... DAMMMIIIT too much time not enough money!! Dunno what i'm gonna do about bowling green now...i'm supposed to show my car there in front of the dyno...and he wanted me to do a pull on there... not now... ::sigh:: oh well... 80,000 hard miles on the motor and no probs till the past 5 months. Think it did pretty good!

Holly

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
sounds like a good excuse to build the bottom end of it and boost it to about 12 pounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12???? hehehe...were usin a cobra motor and building the hell outta it...gonna push max 24lbs @ the drag strip... 19 everyday. If your gonna go..go all the way!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Check the motor first

Before giving the old horse up for dead, check it thoroughly. Friend of mine at the car show in Atlanta a few weeks back had a vacuum line come loose on his car, and had the same symptoms. Reconnected the hose, problem solved. Now, if you luck is like mine, this is a waste of time - its toast of sure. But not everyone lives under a black luck cloud like I do...

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I'd use the clouds of black smoke as an excuse to rip the motor open even if I did find an external cause. I'm somewhat hoping mine starts blowing smoke around 50K so I can have more fun too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Don't feel too bad. My intake manifold finally cracked yesterday EXACTLY as i hit 89,000 miles. I'm 21 and get paid **** and this is my everyday car and ford wants 6-7 hundred bucks to fix it. Earliest it can be done is Monday so i have no idea how im getting to work or anything. I can only hope the manifold lawsuit goes into effect very soon!!!!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Why let ford fix it? It's not a hard job at all. the parts aren't real expensive, just get a couple buddies together and get to it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I'd use the clouds of black smoke as an excuse to rip the motor open even if I did find an external cause. I'm somewhat hoping mine starts blowing smoke around 50K so I can have more fun too.

LOL ... yea, you got it bad. :hihi:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
damn straight I do. I want 400 to the ground with no boost or juice. I know these motors can do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.