Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best mix of heads cam and intake for road racing in a 87-93 mustang gt? ive looked around but i couldnt see anything that had a matched cam and intake. ive been recomended the E303 cam some edelbrock heads and intake but which ones exactly? hoping to get the heads and cam for under 1500 bucks but if i need to i can spend a bit more.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
the old "letter" cams are sooo played...call comp cams and Trick Flow and talk to those guys, they have the good stuff

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Your motor won't unless built correctly. Also your ecu will cut the party at 6200 plus if your going to be spinning that high your going to need some air moving so the heads need to have some work done plus the camshaft needs to be up to the task. The valvetrain needs to be made to work with camshaft as those stock valves that come with the heads just won't do.

Alot more goes into slapping pieces together and saying I made so much HP.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you want a pre matched set there's the trick flow kit, I have it. But like smurf said, its gonna have to be seriously built to handle 6k all day every day. A LOT of time and money that's for sure. Mine cost me a fortune and sure as hell can't do what you want to do with it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well what heads would work up till 6k and i need a cam that has that quick acceleration power band for when i go around corners i can just punch the gas. i know its gonna be more than just stock power, but the question im asking is what heads and cam should i start out with? im going through a 90 302 at school and when im done with new rings bearings etc im gonna worry about everything else working the way it needs to

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
My advice is get a set of heads of your choice like TFS, AFR, Dart, Edelbrock, Canfield, RHS ......list goes on and on. I am partial to TFS so there ya go.

Next I would get a custom cam and maybe get a package deal like from Ed Curtis who will sell you a custom cam, heads and the right valvetrain to make sure it's all happy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now my next question is what is the difference between the trick flow 170 heads and the edelbrock E-Street heads other than $300.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts