Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove from Atlanta GA to Watkins Glen NY. Just under 1000 miles, took 13 hours. Got a measured 27.5 mpg at about 75mph with air cond. all the way. Great road car!

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Drove from Atlanta GA to Watkins Glen NY. Just under 1000 miles, took 13 hours. Got a measured 27.5 mpg at about 75mph with air cond. all the way. Great road car!
When you say "measured" does that mean your calculations, or the computer's? If yours how much different was the computer's?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I suspected these cars would pull in some great mpg numbers on long trips, thanks for the road trip report. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On board mileage computer showed 25.5. I did my own calcs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
How many times did you have to fill up? Im gonna make a 640 mile trip to NC and im wondering how many times I might have to fill up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow, really nice mileage. I'm making a trip to Idaho and back this weekend from the Phoenix area, so about 1800 round trip. I'd be plenty happy if I got anywhere near what you got.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am in the midst of a roadtrip myself... Drove from Chicago to Northern New Jersey (about 740 miles). With the cruise set at 73mph through Indiana and Ohio, I averaged around 23mpg, and with the cruise at 70mph through Pennsylvania, was almost 25. Indiana and Ohio was mostly with aircon, Pennsylvania was driven at night withe aircon only intermittently.

I was very light on the gas getting on and off the highway. And was a total of 3 stops. Wish the darn gas tank was a little bigger!!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I am in the midst of a roadtrip myself... Drove from Chicago to Northern New Jersey (about 740 miles). With the cruise set at 73mph through Indiana and Ohio, I averaged around 23mpg, and with the cruise at 70mph through Pennsylvania, was almost 25. Indiana and Ohio was mostly with aircon, Pennsylvania was driven at night withe aircon only intermittently.

I was very light on the gas getting on and off the highway. And was a total of 3 stops. Wish the darn gas tank was a little bigger!!
I figured 3 to 4 stops. I doubt ill be getting that mpg cuz I have a heavy foot and a bit of road rage when it comes to slow ass people. :gringreen

·
Registered
38 Posts
I figured 3 to 4 stops. I doubt ill be getting that mpg cuz I have a heavy foot and a bit of road rage when it comes to slow ass people. :gringreen
I have a heavy foot most of the time... but on the long trips I figure any time I am trying to save with a heavy foot over a 700 mile trip can quickly be eaten up by a traffic stop or two, not to mention the potential expense.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm making the opposite trip this weekend; NYC to Miami. Leaving right after work Friday afternoon, so I'll probably stop to sleep a couple hours in the car somewhere around the VA / NC border.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got home. 2200 perfect miles. I consistently got 27.5 on the highway with one exception: after I picked up my wife in NY I let her drive a tankful. She got 28.7! And I'll never hear the end of it! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got home. 2200 perfect miles. I consistently got 27.5 on the highway with one exception: after I picked up my wife in NY I let her drive a tankful. She got 28.7! And I'll never hear the end of it! :)
Nice Numbers :bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts