Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a clear hood protector that anyone would recommend out there to prevent rock chips on the hood? I already have 2 small chips and would like to use some touch up paint then put this new clear coat on... thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
You have a few options, the only clear one being a clear bra which costs between $500-$1000 usually depending on brand and how much area your covering. Otherwise, you have the leather bra and a hood deflector which I've seen also. My car has a clear bra and it works great, it's the ventureshield brand and I paid $500 which was a really good price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I have 3M brand clear bra and it has already saved my hood from one big one.

Rob

·
Registered
603 Posts
Be careful tho, iv heard that they get yellowly after awhile. I dont know if it messes up the paint or whatever, but I figured id give you a heads up.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Be careful tho, iv heard that they get yellowly after awhile. I dont know if it messes up the paint or whatever, but I figured id give you a heads up.
They've made adjustments on newer product to prevent the yellowing. As for the paint, it doesn't affect it at all.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I just bought the 3m bra for the hood and also the 3m clear bumper guard. It comes with a door guard strip, protection for the painted portion of your mirror, and fender guards also. They warranty it for 5 years and also against yellowing

If you order the bumper protection, make sure you get the proper one. This depends on if you have a front license plate or not.

I also have a piece left over from when I did my macbook just big enough to protect my navigation screen and some of the cheap plastic trim that scratches easy. Tired of wiping fingerprints

Paid $238 shipped for everything. Going to install soon when the poplar fuzz is off the trees :) Let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where can i get this 3M clear bra? How does it protect from chips or dents ?
It would prevents small scratches i understand but how can it stop a rock denting the hood ? Thx

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I have the Clear Bra by 3M. I love it. The best thing I did for my car. A bit pricey but if you are planning on keeping it it is worth the investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts