Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, you looked! These are 3 roads in the Texas Hill County known for great motorcycle riding. Ranch Road 335, 336 & 337. It's a 100 mile ride leaving Leaky,TX. & returning there. Look @ it on google & you will see the twists & elevation changes. It is awesome! Lots of 20 & 25 mph posted curves, good drops/rises & spectacular views when you can take your eyes off the road. Best to slow way down or stop for that. I put the GT through everything I could handle. It was capable of more, just not me! I used hill decent on my auto & that's it. Never wanted for anything powering out & through turns. Grip was amazing. The hill decent works great down long steep grades as well. The car is stock except axle backs. What a ride!:D If your ever out there check it out. 337 west out of Leaky toward Bandera is just as awesome.:grinroll:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hmm... haven't done that since my last year in college... :gringreen

·
Registered
933 Posts
I could imagine that would be a lot of fun in the Mustang, I've done that ride many times on my bikes but never in a car. stopped at the Sonic in Bandera and was drinking a limeaid out under the cover when I noticed several horse and riders lined up in the drive thru, that's not something you see everyday, not even in Fort Worth..:nogrinner

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Dragon is on my list for a trip on my HD. Marked Sturgis of last year. So far my favorite has been the Pig Trail in Arkansas. I'll hit some of the state twisties in the Mustang while it's HOT out here. A/C works great!

·
Registered
512 Posts
You fooled me too, FUZZY. I was hopin' for a video or even some pictures. :gringreen Does sound like a cool place for a brisk cruise, though. We don't have anything like that down here in south Florida. 8

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You fooled me too, FUZZY. I was hopin' for a video or even some pictures. :gringreen Does sound like a cool place for a brisk cruise, though. We don't have anything like that down here in south Florida. 8
:heha:. I've been down to they Keys a couple times. Scenic ride but you better do what that speed limit says. I did. Lots didn't. I'd like to have one of those little key deer on the pit!:yup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could imagine that would be a lot of fun in the Mustang, I've done that ride many times on my bikes but never in a car. stopped at the Sonic in Bandera and was drinking a limeaid out under the cover when I noticed several horse and riders lined up in the drive thru, that's not something you see everyday, not even in Fort Worth..:nogrinner
Bandera is a cool town.:yup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I hit up Skyline Drive today on the bike in VA up into the Shenandoah Mountains. It was awesome. I showed the sport bikes a cruiser can give them a run for their money. I really want to take the stang out there and see what it can do!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yea, you looked! These are 3 roads in the Texas Hill County known for great motorcycle riding. Ranch Road 335, 336 & 337. It's a 100 mile ride leaving Leaky,TX. & returning there. Look @ it on google & you will see the twists & elevation changes. It is awesome! Lots of 20 & 25 mph posted curves, good drops/rises & spectacular views when you can take your eyes off the road. Best to slow way down or stop for that. I put the GT through everything I could handle. It was capable of more, just not me! I used hill decent on my auto & that's it. Never wanted for anything powering out & through turns. Grip was amazing. The hill decent works great down long steep grades as well. The car is stock except axle backs. What a ride!:D If your ever out there check it out. 337 west out of Leaky toward Bandera is just as awesome.:grinroll:
Yeah, you made me look :laugh:

I drive a TON of those back roads quite frequently. Only problem is, I am driving a small bus/large van with 6 other Airman in it. Sometimes I get a little crazy and all I hear is "This isn't a Mustang!!! Come on dude, don't kill us!" :winks haha.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, you made me look :laugh:

I drive a TON of those back roads quite frequently. Only problem is, I am driving a small bus/large van with 6 other Airman in it. Sometimes I get a little crazy and all I hear is "This isn't a Mustang!!! Come on dude, don't kill us!" :winks haha.
LOL. They may get a little car sick in that van.:woo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.