Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of a real roll bar insted of the light bar for our 08' convert. Does anyone make a nice bolt in that fits and would there be room for the seat to go back with a bar?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Oooh... I remember read a big thread on this a while ago...

But I don't seem to remember much! :happyhapp

What I do remember was it was very hard to find something that would work ~ I'm not sure if anyone ever found anything. Good luck! :hihi:

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Back in high school, I wanted a real rol bar for my MGB, so I made one in metal shop. Did an awesome job....just made it a bit too big, so that the seat back had to be straight up and the seats too far foward to be of use to anyone but a 5' of leas person.

My point is, check your local machine shops, it may be in your best interest to have one made for you.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
+1 on the custom fabricated roll bar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, fabrication may be the way to go. Perhaps with a nice black powder coat finish. Time to get the measuring tape out and make some templates.

Mark

·
Registered
710 Posts
+1 on Autopower rollbars. Excellent fit and finish.

I was thinking of a real roll bar insted of the light bar for our 08' convert. Does anyone make a nice bolt in that fits and would there be room for the seat to go back with a bar?

Thanks
Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.