Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forums... I was given a 1970 mustang from my dad when he passed away. I am 20 an in love with all cars. I am new to the ford scene but am a new fan. i was going to buy a 1969 mustang body to do a roof swap for my 70' that was my dads. I will never get rid of the 70 but i was wondering if it would be better to find a 2nd roof and build a 69 and 70 coupe?

Has anyone ever done a roof swap? Are the difficult. I was told $600 for the weld work by a body shop for the swap.

Is $400 to much to pay for a axle less 69 coupe body and rebuild it. No axles doors or fenders. Engine and Trans will be aftermarket anyways. it wont be a resto just a "Ride"

The 70 coupe had trim holes that will be filled when the new roof is put on but there is trim on the door. If removed can it be filled.?

Not worried to much about cost.. Thank you i know its allot of questions

·
Registered
471 Posts
600 bucks sounds way low i charge a grand to chop a top which is more work.What is wrong with the roof on your car now ?
Thinking the same thing and wondering why you want to change the roof of the 70 :headscratch:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 reasons... It had a vinal top that had a leak. And my dad though it would be great to install a sun roof in it to dimistate his skills.. Problem the seals cracked after 30 years and it leaked water and screwed up the floor pans.

Will it seam out alright and will it be knoticable when painted. I know some about paint and body but i am worried that beacause of the weld it would cause the paint to lift 5+ years down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.