Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been interested in supercharging for a while and I've seen several I've liked but then a thought occured to me. That with the way the S-197's are styled to look like the Mustangs of the '60's; wouldn't it look just badass to see one supercharged with a retro-style bug catcher all chromed out with the triple butterflies hanging out of the hood?

Not sure if anyone makes such an animal for a modern-day motor, but man, can you imagine? Something like that would just SCREAM "Come and getcha some!!!"

Here's kinda the idea:
http://www.goodvibesracing.com/Product-Scans/E-1004-BLWRGS_Desc.JPG

-HD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Keep it simple, Kenne Bell bolt on super charger, or Turbo charged/inner cooled. You do wish to keep the stock block ??? if so an extra 150hp is about all the stock block can stand....:happyhapp

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would scare off any potential street racers! :hihi:

Well, dammit... They should be doing that crap at the track anyway! ;)

And referencing MadMaxx's post. Yeah, I'm gonna keep the stock block. In fact I don't plan on going vary far north of 400whp. If or when I do get an SC. I just think the old style chrome scoop through the hood would look ****-diesel! :rockwoot:.

What can I say, I saw a '69 fastback done that way at a car show when I was 10 and I've never been the same since!:evillol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love this Idea! but it is pretty hard to do. i was going to buy a 94 camaro and put a LS1 in it and some how get a bug catcher on it.

this is a way you could do it, it would be similar to the super drag snake, have a roush or whatever supercharger that has a rear induction on it and have a custom built intake elbow with the bug catcher on top sticking out of the hood.

does that make any sense? :headscratch: i have trouble taking my drawing board in my head and putting it in words. bunch of beautiful mind **** going on up there :scratchchin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.