Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just recently within about 5 days, iv noticed that while going through the gears that im getting some resistance while going into 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Iv been driving this car almost everyday for almost a year and a half now and its always been very smooth and easy to put it into gear. Now its almost like im getting locked out sometimes and the shifter just feels really stiff and rough going through the patterns. I have checked my clutch cable and its fine. Does it sound like its time for a drain and re-fill on the trans?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yes and Yes. I would refill with the Royal Purple synchromesh. It slickened up my t-5 big time. My parents have a place in Englewood. Kinda hot, buggy, and empty this time of year huh? How did you mange to keep a fox alive with the geriatrics pulling those Buicks, caddys etc out on you all the time?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and Yes. I would refill with the Royal Purple synchromesh. It slickened up my t-5 big time. My parents have a place in Englewood. Kinda hot, buggy, and empty this time of year huh? How did you mange to keep a fox alive with the geriatrics pulling those Buicks, caddys etc out on you all the time?
Iv wanted to put the Royal Purple in my trans awhile ago just because, but i couldn't find it in stores. I guess ill just order it in from somewhere.

And yes its in the 90s and love bug season just ended around last month. You could drive about a mile and then your car would be completely plastered with bugs! And not sure how my car inst totaled by the old people yet lol. They pull out in front of you and go 25, they drive on the sidewalks (and the wrong side of the road), plus they crash into everything like restaurants and buildings lol. Its horrible, cant wait to get out of Florida! :bounce2:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't know about Englewood but here in Jacksonville we can get it from Autozone.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to the NAPA down the street from my house to order some and they told me that the store in the next town over had 5 left in stock. Drove over there and picked up 4 so looks like i get a nice little project to do 2mrw :yup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just stopped back in to say wow! what a PITA. There is no way that i can pull the shifter assembly apart without pulling the consol! Must be different for other years of foxbodys but the front bolts of the boot/metel plate + shifter are easily an inch underneath the consol. I couldnt get to them :madas:

Got the consol out and the shifter all off to find out that the last owner told me i had a Steeda Tri-ax, wich turned out to be the stock shifter with a $30 Steeda Tri-ax shifter handle. Plus the oil in my trans is a very very milky brown-ish red (more brown then red). So this should all be worth it in the end! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts