Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has roush axle back exhaust with kooks headers, or any headers for that matter and how does it sound? i looked on youtube but couldnt find any, thanks.

·
Banned
612 Posts
haha, stand back

·
Banned
612 Posts
it would without a doubt be loud, and probably too much so.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has roush axle back exhaust with kooks headers, or any headers for that matter and how does it sound? i looked on youtube but couldnt find any, thanks.

I have JBA LT's with catted X and Roush AB's.. and I LOVE IT...

If its not raining tomorrow, I'll get a quick video then share it with you.

·
Registered
221 Posts
that would be great! is it like obnoxious loud or just really really agressive loud?

Pretty loud on cold start. once it idles down, and car is idling, its not much louder than the stock headers and H pipe. Driving around like a normal person drives, its not real loud, but you can deffinitly hear the difference. once you jump on the gas, heads will turn and people wish they had a car that [email protected].... I really love it.
Get compliments all the time.

I do start it up at 0430 in the morning to go to work, none of my neighborss have complained yet. so it must not be too obnoxious..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty loud on cold start. once it idles down, and car is idling, its not much louder than the stock headers and H pipe. Driving around like a normal person drives, its not real loud, but you can deffinitly hear the difference. once you jump on the gas, heads will turn and people wish they had a car that [email protected] I really love it.
Get compliments all the time.

I do start it up at 0430 in the morning to go to work, none of my neighborss have complained yet. so it must not be too obnoxious..

lol nice description. that sounds alot like what i want. it can idle pretty loud i guess, but if im just coasting or just putting through down on very low rpm id like it just a bit louder then stock. but when i rip on it. I want it to scream!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's going to be loud. With high flow cats it will be more controllable but if you run off road mid pipe, look out...

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roush Axle Back and offroad X rev-up - YouTube

This is one of our memeber's cars. Not his setup anymore but this was factory headers, off road x pipe, resonator delete, and Roush Axle Backs. Needless to say, a very serious noise...

wow that sounds AWSOME! now picture this, kooks headers, cat delete, 3 inch resos, and kooks h pipe meaning QUAD EXHAUST!! :)

now talk about loud lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Kook's + Borla Atak's = ear bleed :shocked: Changed to Borla Touring and is just right :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
wow that sounds AWSOME! now picture this, kooks headers, cat delete, 3 inch resos, and kooks h pipe meaning QUAD EXHAUST!! :)

now talk about loud lol

You're going to lose some tonal quality the way the Roush axle backs are designed. They sound good, don't get me wrong but they get out of control FAST with the right setup. The rasp is going to be mind boggling. You will lose some of deep tone because the mid and high range frequencies are going to way overpower the full range. It seriously will sound like an NHRA Super Stock, because...well...that's what a lot of super stock setups are like :bigthumbsup. But if that's your cup of tea, more power to you.

This is a car with ARH headers, matching off road X pipe, and a Magnaflow Competition catback.

2011 5.0 MagnaFlow Exhaust - YouTube
The Competition catback (from my own personal experience) can be loud if you want ti to be. It can also be relatively subtle.

Startup, idle, and revs:
2011 Mustang 5.0 Magnaflow Comp and ARH longtubes - YouTube

In the car:
2011 Mustang Gt Magnaflow Competition - YouTube

The Roush axle backs will be quite louder.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're going to lose some tonal quality the way the Roush axle backs are designed. They sound good, don't get me wrong but they get out of control FAST with the right setup. The rasp is going to be mind boggling. You will lose some of deep tone because the mid and high range frequencies are going to way overpower the full range. It seriously will sound like an NHRA Super Stock, because...well...that's what a lot of super stock setups are like :bigthumbsup. But if that's your cup of tea, more power to you.

This is a car with ARH headers, matching off road X pipe, and a Magnaflow Competition catback.

2011 5.0 MagnaFlow Exhaust - YouTube
The Competition catback (from my own personal experience) can be loud if you want ti to be. It can also be relatively subtle.

Startup, idle, and revs:
2011 Mustang 5.0 Magnaflow Comp and ARH longtubes - YouTube

In the car:
2011 Mustang Gt Magnaflow Competition - YouTube

The Roush axle backs will be quite louder.

wow great post thanks for all the videos. I think if i ever get sick of the roushes i could deffentally go with magnaflow to quiet things down. But i figure untill I get sick of it.. im going for a good aggressive sounding wake up the block loud :) :) :) :) :rockwoot:

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
wow great post thanks for all the videos. I think if i ever get sick of the roushes i could deffentally go with magnaflow to quiet things down. But i figure untill I get sick of it.. im going for a good aggressive sounding wake up the block loud :) :) :) :) :rockwoot:

Remember that the Roush axle back is just that and this car has the full catback. Magnaflow's Competition axle back is a true muffler delete so if you go that route, it will be even louder. And that basically you might as well not have any exhaust whatsoever. That is modified Harley loud, an in my opinion, stupid.

·
Registered
299 Posts
If you get headers and o/r x-pipe with any blow through muffler this car get real loud real fast. It's sounds good at idle and revving but you can't understand the sound it makes under load. It will scream and trumpet and it's fairly high pitched. If you're looking for a deep tone, youre not gonna get it going that route.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you get headers and o/r x-pipe with any blow through muffler this car get real loud real fast. It's sounds good at idle and revving but you can't understand the sound it makes under load. It will scream and trumpet and it's fairly high pitched. If you're looking for a deep tone, youre not gonna get it going that route.
well since I will be going with the kooks h pipe that will convert my system to quad exhaust, im guessing that will also play a roll in how it sounds?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts