Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 427r trak pak and was needing advice on re flashing the roush programed ecu. I've heard they have special codes embedded in it, but what does this mean, is it even true and can it be done with little headache? Also; if for any reason I needed to put the roush programing back would there be a problem? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I've heard that Roush locks down the PCM pretty tight and you'd need to find a tuner who has cracked their code in order to do a custom tune. Not sure if you'd be able to recover the Roush tune if you loaded a custom calibration.

·
Registered
388 Posts
For what reason do you want to custom tune over your roush tune? You already have an excellent tune on your car, and everything on your car is pretty much the ultimate. Are you looking to add some future mods? You are going to have to do some major engine work to make your car much better. your suspension is already top-notch.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have plenty of options available for that.

I can send out a tuner for you, and have you give me the strategy code. As well, we would take the PCM code off of the sticker. I have plenty of custom tuning options as well as a killer Roush upgrade package that pushes 9lbs of boost, with an aftermarket CAI, idler, s/c pulley and tune brings you to about 430RWHP. It's a huge increase over factory!

Let me know if you have absolutely any other questions in the mean time! Thanks!

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed Inc.
www.TillmanSpeed.com
610-497-5776

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I testdrove a 428R recently and was underwhelmed. Not only was it the worst-riding car I've ever driven, at the speeds I drove it (moderate throttle with a max of 4000 rpm, limited by traffic conditions) it wasn't nearly as responsive as my Bamatuned NA Mustang. I think both the engine and damper tuning leave much to be desired.

·
Registered
338 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.