Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow... I just glanced over this (as you would with all warranties) and noticed the words "act of God" in the warranty. :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

The people at Roush sure have a great sense of humor! :laugh:

I think they covered everything they could have possibly thought of in this warranty statement...

Roush Warranty.png

Pretty crazy, huh?

"Uh yeah, my Stang got struck by lightning... Can you replace my window louvers?"

"The mighty hand of God forced me to accidentally run into this parking block..."

"17 birds crapped on my hood scoop and now it's stained..."

:nogrinner

·
Registered
751 Posts
Actually acts of god is a common phrase used in insurance contracts.

Interesting that Roush would put it in there though.

PS: How bored were you?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually acts of god is a common phrase used in insurance contracts.

Interesting that Roush would put it in there though.

PS: How bored were you?
Really? I've never seen that before! :headscratch:

And I just glanced over it after going through the fascia wiring install. :laugh:

·
Registered
285 Posts
act of god is a legal term. If i remember correctly, it covers things along the tracks of unforseable events. most commonly natural disasters and the like

a flood, would be considered an act of god i think.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
act of god is a legal term. If i remember correctly, it covers things along the tracks of unforseable events. most commonly natural disasters and the like

a flood, would be considered an act of god i think.
Huh! That's a very interesting way of phrasing something. Couldn't they have said "Natural disasters"??? :scratchchin

·
Registered
221 Posts
They DID say "natural disaster"... right AFTER "act of God". I think flood falls under "natural disaster" - an act of God however, would be going for a Sunday morning drive and having a failure right in front of the Church you were supposed to be sitting in. :nono:

·
Registered
285 Posts
ACT OF GOD - A natural event, not preventable by any human agency, such as flood, storms, or lightning. Forces of nature that no one has control over, and therefore cannot be held accountable.

This phrase denotes those accidents which arise from physical causes, and which cannot be prevented.
they may be repeating natural disasters after, because of legal purposes. :headscratch:

legal jargon is among the worst.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you would find most warranties will state and act of god clause and most warranties will be the same they will cover workmanship and possibly fitment but anything else isn't covered. An act of god claim would be more along the lines of your neighbors 55 year old oak tree smashing into you hood in the middle of the night, while Rousch would not cover it your neighbors homeowners or your automotive insurance would depending on your policy. What their warranty is saying in many words is "we will make sure it fits after that your on your own".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.