Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Added the Roush Qtr Louvers yesterday:bouncer and I think it compliments the car nicely. Today, I need to touch up paint the screws and this mod will be complete. These were easy to install and fast service from sfxperformance.com.:worship

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just wondering, did you order them painted from The Spoiler Factory? I think that is a great option to have! Just wondering how good of a job that they do in paint matching.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I orderd them painted.

The sonic blue is a two tone color, they aren't quite as strong on the purple undertone. You really have to compare it closely to notice. I did use meguires swirl remover on them due to fine swirls caused by the foam blanket packing material.

They installed easily enough with included templates.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the info. I definately am going to ordered them painted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey, that looks familiar and guess what, they look great on your car too.:thumbup

·
Registered
483 Posts
Look great! I really like those over the others on the market. So I take it they're not held on by 3M tape? Screwed on? Drilling required I assume? How was the installation? Do it yourself?

~Moses

·
Registered
708 Posts
You tape a template to the car, then using 3m tape you install metal brakets. Then the louvers screw down on those.

The worst part about it is Roush used a white car and white templates in the directions. So you basically see a big white blob with some tap on the car. The PDF directions from Roush's website help alot.

If you don't paint the allen bolts over, you can always remove them to clean the glass.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The pricing looks right on. That is the same pricing our store uses. If you want them installed with the 36/36 warranty...they are $399. Since we are a Roush dealer, we stock them, as well.

I personally like the SMOOTH ones...but of the other styles I've seen (some that exist and some that don't) I would rate the Roush as a top five...easily!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moses said:
Look great! I really like those over the others on the market. So I take it they're not held on by 3M tape? Screwed on? Drilling required I assume? How was the installation? Do it yourself?

~Moses
As Vandil already said, there is no drilling required. You will assemble the 3M tape to the brackets (be careful, there are 3 different sizes), attach the u-nut clip, cut out the template and tape it to your car. Whole install takes about an hour then you wait another hour before screwing on the louver itself.
http://www.roushparts.com/products/05/05pdf/1305-R03020121-AA.pdf
Here is the link for the instructions. http://www.roushparts.com/products/05/05pdf/1305-R03020121-AA.pdf

I painted the screws with touch up paint and they are still able to be removed for cleaning. Looks real sharp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts