Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roush Square Tips vs Round - thoughts?

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  aquill1 
#1 ·
Okay, I've decided on the roush exhaust for my 6 along w rear valance but cannot make up my mind on which tips.

I like the round ones as they are much more traditional looking and never go out of style.

However, the squares fit the rear valance nicely and are much more unique looking but I think they just do not look as mean.

Thoughts?

#5 ·
i wonder if it sounds the same with the square one... i have the round ones.

#7 ·
you can get round tips anywhere , i got mine for like 50 dollars shipped they are 4 inch , of course that took some extensive research lol. They are double walled or something like that and they have a very premium fit and finish.

if you ever want the square ones , you will not find them separated.

#10 ·
Yeah, they kinda are 'Camaro'-ish but not as much as the Saleen ones. Might go for the squares as I can always change the tips to round later if I do not like them.

#9 ·
I love the look of the square tips but I do not like the roush rear valance at all. I am going to look into altering the gt500 rear valance or 3dcarbon rear valance to fit the square tips, but it probably wont work.

The saleen tips look nice but I don't like the spoiler-less look or the price.

#11 ·
I think those Saleen's are just a fancy square box in the valance, and not actual tips. The new Charger has ones just just like that, and the exhaust actually ends inside those boxes.

#14 ·
Those square Roush tips look awesome, but like you said, I'm not digging the bumper.

#15 ·
I've looked at and thought about having a body shop alter the rear roush valance but I'd have more invested in the rear than it's worth. I would cut the ribs on the rear valance and locate the two inner ribs further into the middle of the bumper to look more like the gt500/3dcarbon piece, and it would look perfect.

The 3dcarbon looks perfect with the 1/2 plastic 1/2 painted look, this would allow me to avoid the square roush tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.