Ford Mustang Forum banner

Roush supercharger question

532 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  GTNOS
looking at different twinscrews, i noticed with the roush you have to send in the cars computer for roush to reflash it to run the roushcharger. with the others such as frpp/whipple you get a tuner with the tunes for the s/c which will allow you to make future mods such as turning off o2s for longtubes or changing ratios for gear changes. my question is, if you go with roush and send off comp to get flashed, how do you tune for future simple mods without having to take your car to a tuner? can you pull the roush tune off the computer like a stock tune and send it to a tuner to be modified? it seems to me with roush reflashing the comp it may keep you from modding anything else?
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I had ,if not the same, but simular questions, including
others, thats why I went with the Magnsuon, Magna Supercharger TVS 2300 series, instead of the Rouch.

My installer answered these and many other questions over a week period before I ordered mine and It's on the way as I write and should be in operation around the 1st of Aug.:bigthumbsup
See less See more
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Roush's superchargers a Root's style design, not a twinscrew?

I'm pretty sure at one point(possibly still) you could send your computer to Whipple as well for a reflash.

The only reason I can think that they keep you from modding anything else is if they claim you can keep your factory warranty with their tune if they install it, which would mean you cant push the power beyond what they warranty for obvious reasons.
See less See more
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt Roush's superchargers a Root's style design, not a twinscrew?

I'm pretty sure at one point(possibly still) you could send your computer to Whipple as well for a reflash.

The only reason I can think that they keep you from modding anything else is if they claim you can keep your factory warranty with their tune if they install it, which would mean you cant push the power beyond what they warranty for obvious reasons.
aaagghh.:what:...your right twoscoops, i thought they were twin screws....now i can justify the near 2k price difference with the whipple.... forget my question as i have no longer have interest being that roush is roots s/c :nogrinner i will go centrifugal before roots. but i really want a twinscrew....:yup:
See less See more
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.