Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
redbullet said:
Sounds bought.....it's all subjective reporting. Pricey as well.
Check the new mm&ff with the PSP 05 on the cover.
I haven't read the magazine much, but I assume they have a reputation to uphold, and wouldn't sell many magazines if they published b.s. frequently. Nonetheless, a second opinion is desirable. If you happen to notice any articles, positive or negative, please post.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The article is really nothing more than fluff. Much the same as the one on the Steeda car. Was no real 'news' that we didn't already know, just alot of hee-haw type reporting.

The kind that sells magazines. You poo-poo thier product and they quit playing in your sandbox and take their lunch money with them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I am just about to the point of not caring anymore what MM&FF writes in their product reviews. I have yet to read one that was accurate when it comes to HP gains. They are the only people on the face of the earth that got 15rwhp out of a BBK throttle body ( that doesn't even exist ) without a tune. Yet everyone I know that bought any one of the other (actually) available throttle bodies and installed them and took the vehicle to a tuner felt lucky if they could squeeze 5hp out of one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hawgman said:
I am just about to the point of not caring anymore what MM&FF writes in their product reviews. I have yet to read one that was accurate when it comes to HP gains.
where did they stand on the topic of exhaust upgrades?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Depends on the depth of the upgrade.
For axle back, very minimal across the board of what all they tested.
For shorties, minimal, but seemed to favor the brands that advertise in their magazine ( what a shock ).
LTs did about the same as shorties as far as favoritism, but gains were higher than shorties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts