Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the Roush Wheel Hop Reduction Kit installed on their car? I just ordered the kit and should have it installed soon. I was just curious if it helped with the wheel hop?

Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good Luck getting that out. I couldn't get mine to budge while replacing my 3rd link. I only wanted to get it out to make installing the 3rd link easier. I gave up and installed the 3rd link the haed way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am having the ford dealer ship install the kit

G

·
I must have an anomally car, I never have wheel hop.

Hard launching on my stock tires or even the warmed up Nittos, zero hop. I know I have about 350HP crank going though the drive.

Only when I drove car in rain, which I never do any more, did it "hop" on launch.

Maybe it'd be an issue at 400HP+.

Do guys see it more when having FI?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Dad has an 07 Gt as well and his wheel hops worse than mine. We still have the stock tires. We added the flow masters and a roush cold air intake. It is worse in the rain. Thanks everyone for your help and advise.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I must have an anomally car, I never have wheel hop.

Hard launching on my stock tires or even the warmed up Nittos, zero hop. I know I have about 350HP crank going though the drive.

Only when I drove car in rain, which I never do any more, did it "hop" on launch.

Maybe it'd be an issue at 400HP+.

Do guys see it more when having FI?
I had wheel hop when I was at 298 rwhp. Just some are worse than others.

G

·
I had wheel hop when I was at 298 rwhp. Just some are worse than others.

Guess so.

I always read about hop and never could get mine to do it.

My "worst" or say "best" try...starting in 2nd gear so I wouldn't have to shift, before I dumped my stock tires, dumped clutch at 3500 rpm and went to limiter and layed down so much rubber it was sick.

Never wheel hopped, never slid sideways and went for about 50 yards in perfect straight line.

Lol, the tracks were there most of summer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had some wheel hop and car would get side ways on me pretty bad. I fixed the problem completely with an Adj UCA and LCA's. I'm sure your paying a high premium with the Roush IMO you can get a much better deal if you look at other vendors, Metco, BMR, CHE come to mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had some wheel hop and car would get side ways on me pretty bad. I fixed the problem completely with an Adj UCA and LCA's. I'm sure your paying a high premium with the Roush IMO you can get a much better deal if you look at other vendors, Metco, BMR, CHE come to mind.
Thanks again for the responses. I got the Roush anti reduction kit installed so far so good. I paid $290.00 for the part. I will look at the other vendors for my Dad mustang.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.