Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I wud ask. Is anyone using Royal Purple? Is it really better than other synthetics or just another hype job?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i like it in my rear axle. thats bout it.

i know lots love it in the motor

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I seen an episode of "trucks" or some show like that where they dynoed a truck before and after they changed out all the oils with royal purple and there actually was an improvement in hp. Not a whole bunch but some. Who knows if it was a bunch of BS tho

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have it the rearend and tranny. Works for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it's a matter of whether you want to the little extra performance and engine protection...

When Slick 50 was the rage, I used it in all of my vehicles...

Believe it or not on 2 occasions it was proven to work...

(1) Lost oil pressure in my 1988 Mustang GT coming from my in-laws (my wife at the helm of course). Unfortunately, we didn't know it until we got caught in a really bad hailstorm about 30 miles north of Colorado Springs and had to stop.

A horrible sound was coming from the motor, and we cudn't get a tow truck, so we turned around a drove back to a dealer in the Springs. Their verdict was blown engine. To say I was pissed would be an understatement, and my wife volunteered to rebuild the motor herself...:smirk

Short version... The motor wasn't blown, the distributor shaft had broken and I cudn't find any other damage... :confused:

(2) Sent the head for my T-bird to have a major porting job done w/new rocker arms. The original set had 35,000 hard miles on them. Got a call from the guy doing the porting, cuz he had mixed up the new set with the old and cudn't tell which was which...:?:

Micrometer in-hand, I dashed down to see for myself, and cud never figure out which set was new vs. the old set...

Reg thanks again, I wasn't going to use Royal Purple in my motor this time around...but as they say "an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of cure."

G

·
Reg thanks again, I wasn't going to use Royal Purple in my motor this time around...but as they say "an ounce of prevention is worth a lb of cure."

To sweeten the pot a little.....

When i first change to royal purple the car went on the rollers the next week this was on an old combo......

Nothing had been change the car picked up 5 rwhp....

Not a 100% sure the RP had anything to with but felt it did......

Also that was a complete fluid change (engine,trans & diff.)......

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just recently changed eng,tranny(t-5)diff. to royal purple and the synchromax tranny oil worked MIRACLES in my t-5.. It shifts awesome now...

·
Registered
398 Posts
RP in my diff and the Synchromax in my 3650 trans. My 3650 has 117k miles on it and the synchros are still going strong!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.