Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running royal purple synthetic for my engine oil and am lookingto get royal purple in the transmission soon ... but I'm starting to hear more and more bad thiings about royal ... is this true ? ... if so what synhetic is the best for my 4.6?

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
i like it for my tranny and rear end. I've heard that it's not the best engine oil out there. but i know alot that use it in their mustangs and like it alot.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
my dad sold amalie oil for 45 yrs. they were a original richmond pa oil company since early 1900`s. the refinery is now located in florida and they still produce some of the finest oils. they now have a independant online store that will sell to the public that just started up. they are heavy duty into racing and have pro high performance 5w-20 synthetic in stock and good prices and free shipping over 40.00. i used the pro racing oil in the 70`s in my 67 street rod. i just got them to stock the 5w-30 syn-blend for the v6`s so thats all i`ll ever use again. once they pick up, they will stock the 5w-20 syn-blend for the v8`s. they sponsor a top fuel dragster and a car called the instagator
http://amaliestore.com/proddetail.php?prod=160-25646-56

Attachments

·
Registered
937 Posts
I used Royal for the first 25,000 miles of ownership but I then switched to Mobil 1. No differences except that my engine became noticeably coarse when nearing my 5,000 mile change intervals when using Royal. The Mobil doesn't do it and it's typically a dollar or so cheaper per quart so I'll stick with it.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I'm actually thinking of trying Rotella. It's what was recomended for Cummins and Caterpillar engines and their rebuild intervals are around a million miles. That's a one with six zeros. :happyhapp Rotella has a line of gasoline engines oils too.

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I'm actually thinking of trying Rotella. It's what was recomended for Cummins and Caterpillar engines and their rebuild intervals are around a million miles. That's a one with six zeros. :happyhapp Rotella has a line of gasoline engines oils too.
That's a lot different oil. Not saying their gas oil isn't good.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oil threads crack me up -- nowhere is more misinformation spread by people who really don't know what they're talking about.........:laugh:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah. I'm just trying to sound smart. :hihi: All I know is that my Dad's Freightliner never gave problems and Rotella is what it used. If they can build a good diesel oil, they should be able to build a good gasoline oil.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Ask 10 people and you will get close to 10 different answers, and the vast majority of people's answers are just based on they use it and it works (so far at least) so you have to take everybody's answer with a grain of salt.

but I'm starting to hear more and more bad thiings about royal ... is this true ?
What bad have you heard?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
that amalie link i posted was not straight yet. heres a link to the amalie company. they have specs,history ect. actually, the ford motors were not designed to run full synthetic.
you detroit boys might recognize the wrif 101 banner behind the instagator race car.
http://www.amalie.com/

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Oil threads crack me up -- nowhere is more misinformation spread by people who really don't know what they're talking about.........:laugh:
Disdn't you know they stayed at the Holiday Day Inn last night.:D

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I just switched to Royal Purple full synthetic this last oil change.

Seems fine to me so far, 400 miles into it.:yelwacko:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.