Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my car for the frist time after rebuilding it 5 years ago it's running ok but the problem I'm having is with the tack. I step on the gas and it reves BUT.... The rpm is going in the opposite direction. If it idels for a second it will go up then back to 0 but as soon as I hit the gas it gets hesitant for a seond it revs but goes the other way. Ok has this happend to anyone else. Could it be electrical?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Notice you 5.0 member. Unsure if talking 5.0 or 2.3 but makes very little difference. I assume dash is well grounded. Here is wiring info for the dash plugs. I would check the one label ground and make sure it is good.
http://www.stangnet.com/tech/cluster87-93.pdf
I did have the complete dash wiring link saved but now a dead link. I got a paper copy if that helps. I know tach is basically the same for 5.0 and 2.3 but I know older 4 eyed cars are setable from 4,6, and 8 cylinder. What year is car, is it the same tach as came with car or one bought? May need to change setting. What year? unsure on a 2.3 dual plug head if ignition problem will cause this. Sorry wasn't much help never heard of this problem. When fiqure it out please post so all can learn. Maurice

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help sorry I didnt put the car info lol it's a 1990 2.3 with the a4ld auto and yes it's a bone stock car with the same tack from the factory I just took it all apart and painted everything and put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts