Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings; I am a new member and I believe I have advice to share that may help others, but right now I need some help. Our 2001 V^ mustang revs up on it's own while shifting. Also has a cracking noise when starting to accelerate. Do not if they are related. Any experinece with theses symptoms out there?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Iac

Greetings; I am a new member and I believe I have advice to share that may help others, but right now I need some help. Our 2001 V^ mustang revs up on it's own while shifting. Also has a cracking noise when starting to accelerate. Do not if they are related. Any experinece with theses symptoms out there?
Sounds like the IAC (Idle Air Control). Cleaning it will sometimes work temporarily.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue, '01 V6 5MT. Well, the rev up at least, not sure about the "crackling"; I'll test my IAC at breaktime and see what happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well that didn't do the trick; I unplugged the IAC and it killed the car almost instantly (more instantly than almost)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
i had that problem a while ago, buy a can of MAF sensor cleaner, it should help. if that doesnt work, try cleaning or replacing your IAC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.