Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today on my way to exchange my shelby spoiler(was the taped on one wasnt liking it) for the pedestal spoiler i made a left turn out of a tractor supply place and out of nowhere one of those water covers that ARE supposed to be fastened in the street broke loose and i heard a THUD. Thought the worse omg the body is hurt then i looked oh not bad just scraped up the tired(asi had puled off into the first place gravel parking lot) and whipped away the dusted and bam my rim got grinded. So i went to the parts guy mind you mine are 18s he said if ya had the 17s it wouldn't have ruined your rim i said yeah thanks the 2010's and up don't have 17s anymore. Ford says the rim will cost me almost 300 bucks to replace and then i could get 50 back for the old one um ok, not. So how does at $500 xtra option from the base wheels equate to 300 for an individual one. Worse is if i ask the city they already told my dad last yr for his pay the $50 form fee and we will get back to you gee thanks. Worse is i just hit 1,000 miles

So do i see what my insurance will do for me i never had a claim for myself before or pay for the tire and say hey there goes my rear window louvers and rest of my mods cash for the rest of the season?

Or anybody know how i can replace the rim i have a lot cheaper.

Thanks

Supe

·
Registered
325 Posts
Get the new rim you could pay three hundred now or increase your insurance premium and still have to pay the deductible. I'm going through the insurance woes right now. Unless you are totally boned, just pay out of pocket; sure you'll have to wait a month or two before your next sweet mod but I wouldn't claim over a gravel rashed wheel.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool thanks for the math prop's
and thanks for the info Bruce, both are very helpful. Just stinks i could fix it but where it hit me point blanks its like a huge swipe into the rim:(

·
Banned
886 Posts
A buddy of mine said something about getting or buying STOCK Ford rims from Roush.Something about selling them for less because they just strip them from the factory vehicles to do their own mods.

I would try to check on this maybe you can save some $$$$$!

Also check your tire warranty.I think they are covered for road hazzard for 12 months.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That definitely Sucks!! I always buy a 5 year Road Hazard Tire and Rim warranty (covers up to 5,000 in damage). Costs me 129.00, but it is definitely worth it. My previous car (07 Fusion) had a Tire repair and a Replacement tire all covered. Saved me over 380.00

·
Registered
154 Posts
Also put your name in at an auto wrecker, you will find there will be more than one of these written off in the next 30 days.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Also put your name in at an auto wrecker, you will find there will be more than one of these written off in the next 30 days.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My God

Did you actually graduate high school?

Your posting was painful to read.

Your teachers should be ashamed.

Copper Man
You beat me to it!
:smartass:
Supes--- Check with your local wheel/tire shops, they often have take-offs from guys like us who swap wheels right away. I sold my four stock wheels from my '10 back to the tire shop for $300-$400 for the set.
;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
The problem with takeoffs is usually they want to sell the whole set. Newtakeoff has the chrome 2010 ones 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 OE Chrome 18" 5 spoke OEM wheels | NewTakeOff

I guess you can always call. Usually the best way is to find vehicles involved in accidents. Depending on the accident, a car will usually have 1-3 wheels. It's either a great deal or they try to soak you since they know how much Ford wants.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Um to copper man BITE ME. Live the GOLDEN RULE. There is nothing wrong with my post you don't like it Join the Camaro Forum. What are ya some nerd teacher who "thinks" they are cool. Loser. You should be banned from here. You just joined and think you can run your mouth you are a jerk and a half.

to Sam yeah bro i am hoping cuz i checked with the one guy and he can repair it but there is a huge chunk out of it and he is not sure it wil be perfect.

·
Registered
910 Posts
So today on my way to exchange my shelby spoiler(was the taped on one wasnt liking it) for the pedestal spoiler i made a left turn out of a tractor supply place and out of nowhere one of those water covers that ARE supposed to be fastened in the street broke loose and i heard a THUD. Thought the worse omg the body is hurt then i looked oh not bad just scraped up the tired(asi had puled off into the first place gravel parking lot) and whipped away the dusted and bam my rim got grinded. So i went to the parts guy mind you mine are 18s he said if ya had the 17s it wouldn't have ruined your rim i said yeah thanks the 2010's and up don't have 17s anymore. Ford says the rim will cost me almost 300 bucks to replace and then i could get 50 back for the old one um ok, not. So how does at $500 xtra option from the base wheels equate to 300 for an individual one. Worse is if i ask the city they already told my dad last yr for his pay the $50 form fee and we will get back to you gee thanks. Worse is i just hit 1,000 miles

So do i see what my insurance will do for me i never had a claim for myself before or pay for the tire and say hey there goes my rear window louvers and rest of my mods cash for the rest of the season?

Or anybody know how i can replace the rim i have a lot cheaper.

Thanks

Supe
How about one of those wheel repair services. Some how they are able to fill in scrapes and dings. A dude with a Rubicon got all his alloy wheels done. They looked good after. I couldn't tell from across the street anyway that they were not new. I would not have known but I saw the van parked while they were working on them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
That really sucks, but at least it'll give you an excuse to see if you want to change all of them out to something that isn't stock.

·
Banned
886 Posts
Most teachers today are dependent on their teachers editions!Without them most would be lost.Probably would be unable to pass the same tests they're giving the students.LOL!

For copper man this is not a literary contest & there was nothing wrong with Supes post!

Your teachers should be ashamed.Also your parents 4 not teaching you proper etiquette.It's not nice to bust on someone just because you hate your life!I believe that's why you feel the need to try and bust on someone else!

If these are the type of posts your going to make then STOP or go away.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very true guys. Today i drove around a few places firestone is goin to have wheel guy come in their shop that has a traveling workshop, for some guy as well and they will give me a quote/ see if they can get me a refurbished one from a ford supplier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.