Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, quick question. My tuner and Airaid CAI was just shipped from AM yesterday, and should be arriving Monday night. I promissed my daughter that I would let her help me install the CAI, and I'm not going to have that opportunity until the following week. I leave out on a road trip tuesday evening and won't be back until the following Sunday.

My question is: Can I still run the 93R tune from BAMA without installing the CAI for this road trip? I know there are reports that the tune is modified depending on other mods, so I'm just curious if it is going to make that much of a difference or send my sensors for a tizzy...

Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
From my disussions with both Bama reps I have spoken to, they do not modify their tune to accomodate a CAI. I know they ask for that info in their form when you order a tune, but there aren't any special modifications to the tune files as far as I know. You should be good to go, but you can always call Bama directly to verify.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I doubt it, since most CAI are no tune required. They probably don't bother with it, since any changes are not need in the file settings.

Only Steeda has a CAI that needs a tune. you should be fine, you can always call Bama and ask them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got the same information

I also called bama when I got the airraid CAI---(was already running the 93 race) they told me there were no modifications to the tune.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that is exactly what I needed to hear! The road trip is going to be an awesome opportunity to test out the tune. I'll make sure to take the tuner with me just in case something happens and I need to revert back to stock, along with some wrenches so I can disconnect the battery if need be...lol :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That says A LOT about the true effectiveness of a CAI. Seems as though those Ford engineers did not graduate yesterday.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
That says A LOT about the true effectiveness of a CAI. Seems as though those Ford engineers did not graduate yesterday.
Now if only we can get the aftermarket SC, Turbo and "bottom-end" (pistons, rods, crank shaft, flywheel, etc) engineers to graduate.

At least there's ONE graduate out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts