Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was running hot after about 1 hr. into the the drive, I replaced the hoses pulled out thr t-stat to get a steady flow of coolant even replaced fan clutch and it ran cool then I parked it for a while when I ran it later it started to run hot again I can't figure it out any ideas :headscratch:

·
Registered
547 Posts
put the tstat back in having no tstat will overheat a car, also make sure your coolant is correctly mixed 50/50, also make sure your radiator is clean inside and no leaves or other junk got in between the condenser and radiator

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
We also need to know what year car this is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
how does a missing t-stat cause the car to overheat if coolant is flowing constant?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would say, the water pump too. i had this problem, and replaced the water pump. still ran hot. my radiator was bad, so i installed a 3 core radiator. then went on to remove the clutch fan. went back with electric fan. no more over heating.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Having no thermostat doesn't allow the coolant to stay in the radiator long enough to be air cooled. It MUST stay in the radiator for a short period of time, if not then the whole coolant system will get hot. Having all the coolant in circulation getting hot is how it'll make it run hot.

Thermostat closed, the coolant in the engine heats up.
Thermostat opens, allows cooler coolant to enter while letting the hot coolant to enter the radiator for cooling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.