Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright. This car is starting to piss me off. I had to change out the valve cover gasket. So I decided to put the original 14lb injectors back in. In the process the bottom bolt broke on where the EGR bolts on to the plenum. But the bolt holds it on there still, don't know how tight though. The top ones fine. And now I have a 3" tube for the CAI. Thats all I did to it and now it runs like the day I got it. Idles really rough and shuts off. I reset the computer twice. I got it home after the second reset but half way through the trip it started acting up again. Can this car run with a 3" CAI tube without adjusting anything? Can it be a bad injector? It didn't happen with the 17lb injectors, but I had to "tune" for them and I don't know how. I replaced the TPS too. Please help me before I drife this car off a cliff.:happyhapp

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to fix that broken bolt. You've got the mother of all vacuum leaks. That's why it's running rough.
It ran rough before I put the 17lb injectors in.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Stupid question, but are the injectors and the EGR related? Because b chandler suggested fixing the bolt on the EGR, right?

Maybe I am reading this wrong, lol:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stupid question, but are the injectors and the EGR related? Because b chandler suggested fixing the bolt on the EGR, right?

Maybe I am reading this wrong, lol:headscratch::headscratch::headscratch:!

I'm going to put an egr delete plate on it and take the egr pipe off.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you clear the computer?

Completely unplug the battery for a good 5 minutes or so. Then plug it all back up.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You need to fix that broken bolt. You've got the mother of all vacuum leaks. That's why it's running rough.

You were exactly right kid. I put on the EGR delete plate and goo'd it up. Runs beautifully. Checked for leaks with carb cleaner. Runs smooth now.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
You were exactly right kid. I put on the EGR delete plate and goo'd it up. Runs beautifully. Checked for leaks with carb cleaner. Runs smooth now.:bigthumbsup

Glad to see you got it running.

Haven't we had the "kid" discussion before? I was 6 years out of high school when your car arrived on the dealer's lot new.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I call everyone kid. I'm 30. Sometimes I call them son. My girl friends hate it when I call them son. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.