Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt my 84 5.0, small mods. I used my old carb and the car ran alright, but it couldnt keep up with the fuel demand. I replaced the carb, with a new Holly 750 but now it runs rich and didnt pass emssions

R

·
0 Posts
I rebuilt my 84 5.0, small mods. I used my old carb and the car ran alright, but it couldnt keep up with the fuel demand. I replaced the carb, with a new Holly 750 but now it runs rich and didnt pass emssions

750 cfm carb on a basically stock 5.0........:scratchchin

way too much carb thats why it running rich......

Bigger is not always better.......

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
with the mods the holly 750 is whats needed. you never show your hand.
if you want help then you have to tell us what you got.

you said small mods, so reggie thought you meant close to stock.

i dont think anybody on here cares what mods you got. where not goin to go to colorado and race for big $$ because we know what mods u got.

·
Registered
781 Posts
with the mods the holly 750 is whats needed. you never show your hand.
Thats hilarous and kind of weird at the same time :scratchchin I can picture you one of those salty old dudes that I see at the strip on Saturdays..........bump the timing to 16-18 btdc and you should be good to go

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Well also realize the 1984 carburetor wasn't even a 600 cfm and you stepped up 5 carb sizes. Unless you're packing a large stroker, have a nitrous system, or putting out nearly 400 hp, the 750 is too much. In fact, it doesn't matter what calculations were used to come to say a 750 was needed, the fact is it's too much for it if it's running rich. You need to back the carb size down, sizing down the jets won't take care of it.

Everyone here knows what everyone else has, so no need for the hidden secrets way of thinking. We can't properly help if we get just a fraction of the necessary information.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of you guys need to chill out. I didn't expect you to come to CO. they make pills for people like that.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
all were trying to say is you can tell us what you got. its not really worth asking a question if you dont tell the details on what you got.

i wouldnt mind comin to colorado. prob cooler temps then down here in the south.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do race here in CO. sometime for $. I don't know what's considered "big $$". I hope I'm not the only one in CO. that enjoys this site. I post most commits on the site for general thoughts and second options.

R

·
0 Posts
well based on you perpective......

the car most likely will continue to run rich......

without all the info no one will able to help you.....

good luck on tuning your car.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.