Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang just recently started running sluggish when you give it the gas. I thought maybe I got some bad gas and ran that out, refilled with Super octane, replaced the fuel filter and the same thing? Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Check your air filter. It may be dirty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you recently change to a catback or have changed your mid-pipe? If so, that could be it.

Also, you may want to have your codes pulled to see if maybe your upstream o2 sensors are bad. they are the ones that manage your air/fuel ratio. Mine are bad and am getting new ones next week. I have that same sluggish feeling too, but it may be a combination of my o2 sensors and my o/r H that I just installed because of the backpressure. Just have your codes pulled and try to go somewhere where they'll do it for free. :winks

Also, if your into modding your car, you may want to look into getting some gears.

·
Registered
50 Posts
sbrockmiller said:
My mustang just recently started running sluggish when you give it the gas. I thought maybe I got some bad gas and ran that out, refilled with Super octane, replaced the fuel filter and the same thing? Any ideas?
Check the O2 sensor, if not, it's just old, like you, my friend! KB:eyebulge:

·
Registered
701 Posts
This is most likely an A/F ratio problem while accelerating.Check:

Air Fuel:
Oxygen sensors (disconnected/dirty/old more than 100K miles)
vacuum leak (hose on the plennum/intake missing)
Fuel pressure (filter problem/pressure sensor on fuel rail)
Air filter (dirty)
MAF connectors and heat element (dirty/not plugged in)
Air intake temperature sensor (not plugged in/dirty)
TPS Sensor (flat spot)

Ignition:
Other than that after 100K milws you should replace the spark plugs

EGR:
Faulty EGR valve
Faulty EGR solenoid

These are just a couple of points where something can go wrong. Don't just throw new parts at the problem. You might just waste your money. If you can't find the problem see a dealership.
Good luck finding it out!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sorry forgot one more:

Dirty injectors -> run about 2 or 3 bottles of fuel injector or complete fuel system cleaner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.