Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 mustang All stock. I have runinng problem but it does not do it all the time. heres the deal i just bought this car it is 91 mustang gt w/5speed w/ 92k. it has been setting for almost 2 years. when the car runs good it runs great maybe one of the faster stock mustangs that i have driven. But when starts to act up it will buck u cann't rev it up it will stall. to the point where u cann't drive it. and then other times it seems like it has a lack of power but no other issues. it comes and goes randomly. the ck eng light comes and goes with the problem. i ck it and it pulled a code for the baro sensor. i just don't think that would cause this much of a issue.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It most certainly could cause the problems you describe. If the computer is getting no reading from the barometric sensor, it has to guess at what to do. If you have a damaged harness so that the baro sensor is connected intermittently, this will result in the behavior you describe.

You might have better luck posting this on the 5.0 section of the forum. Your car may be a classic one day, but as of now, it is not. :) There are MANY people on the 5.0 section who know the 5.0 computer and sensors inside and out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about not beening on the right forum was not thinking. but i think i found the problem. cleaned the MAF. eventhough it did not look bad. and so far car runs good. thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
No need to be sorry. Hell, I have a FrankenMustang so I am not welcome in either forum! :)

Glad it worked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts