Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the NORMAL RWHP 2003~2004 SVT Cobra would get?

About 310RWHP? Where can I find that data?

Mine did 480RWHP (before head gasket blew up, that is...) and was curious on what stock one gets...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
At 390 fly wheel horse - 15% drivetrain lose = 331.5. Ford underrates their stuff since the 99 Cobra screw up. Most stock ones I've heard about make much more than that stock(340-350) on a Mustang dyno. But dynos are different, I hear Mustang dynos have a more accurate measure because they add resistance to the rollers. A dyno jet will read 15-20% more than a Mustang dyno. So if your car was done on a dyno jet then it would really be about 408 on a Mustang dyno. The real question about how much power you have is what does it run in the 1/4 mile, and what is the trap speed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
HP & head gaskets

(Moment of silence for the head gasket...)

Somewhere between 350-370 seems to be the norm in the literature I've seen. What have you done with yours so far?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have not had my cobra dynoed. Yet. But I have seen a buddy's stock 03 put down 374 to the wheels. I plan to have mine dynoed some time next month if I can find the time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
dollarbill said:
Ford underrates their stuff since the 99 Cobra screw up.
Whatchu talkin bout willis.
No seriously what screw up? They published the wrong numbers or something?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yes, in 99 they rated the Cobra at 320, and it actally fell 10-15 short of that. They recalled all of them and changed the intake manifold and exhaust to get them up to par. Hence the reason for no 2000 Cobra. Ford learned from mistake....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wow - I never heard anything about that. I guess that does explain not having a 2000 Cobra. You learn something new everyday :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.