Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't a part of this one, but it ended badly from what I saw. All I know is that they were racing and the biker lost control and went under the car. Guys, just be careful out there okay? Don't want any of you to be those poor kids who were driving the stang!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
mechgal said:
I wasn't a part of this one, but it ended badly from what I saw. All I know is that they were racing and the biker lost control and went under the car. Guys, just be careful out there okay? Don't want any of you to be those poor kids who were driving the stang!
Yikes...street race? What about the poor kid UNDER the stang?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the poor kid under the stang didn't make it, it's his parents i feel sorriest for right now, but it's you lot driving the stangs. just be careful out there, wouldn't want to see any of you in either position.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah, those motorcycles are killers.

we just had a kid in my highschool killed in a motor cycle accadent.
one of those kids that nobody didn't like, i knew him kinda. (well i was on a first name basis, in high school thats kinda alot)

he was driving and got ran over by a full size pickup.

RIP JRM god bless

·
Registered
29 Posts
Before I ordered mine I asked my wife what she thought about me selling my bike and selling my truck and buying a GT. She jumped at the chance for me to get rid of my bike. I really don't think she heard much else I said after I offered to get rid of the bike. I wonder what else I should have asked for??

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
A real good friend of mine got really lucky on his bike one morning on the way to work. Traffic in front of him came to a complete stop so he had to also. Unfortunately the guy in the truck behind him didn't and tagged his rear tire while he was still rolling. He wound up underneath the truck with his bike catching on fire. Luckily for him there were plenty of bystanders around to pull him out from under the truck while he was unconscious. He didn't have so much as a broken bone or anything. His helmet did exactly what it was designed to do and so did his protective jacket and boots. Docs said if he wasn't wearing any part of that gear, he would have been screwed. Instead he walked out of the hospital later that morning after some x rays and an MRI.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was in a bad motorcycle accident 2 years ago. I thought I was invincible, dodge so many accident, always on the GO on my motorcycle. Until this one day, I took the bike out for a spin. I was going 35mph " speed limit " on a straight road and this 77 year old lady decided to make a left without yeilding and BAAAM im 15 feet up in the air & landed 20 feet away from where she hit me. It's funny how people where crying while trying to help me. I thought I was going to loose my leg. Found out I fractured my hip, tore every single ligaments on my knee " PCL, MCL, ACL, & Miniscus and tweak my knee cap " have a bulging disc on my L4, L5, busted my elbows & shoulder blades.

I miss riding but I also regret it. I was going through depression, I miss the first year of my son growing up. I couldnt play with him, I couldnt give him the attention he needed. Im a very active person and that accident took all that away from me for almost a year. I was on a wheelchair for 4 months.

I still ask my wife if I could get another bike, all I get is a big NO! Its not like it matters Ill get one if I really want to but I think about my kids. Once & a while I get on my homie's bike & I miss the heck out of it. But I got another baby coming & I want to be there as much as I can this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many are drawn by the power of bikes but a few can handle them. So they do the safe thing and stick to cars. Note that most of the car-bike accidents are cause by the undeciplined, unskilled, car drivers. These are the same people that have fender benders with other cars but in a car-bike situations the consequences are much more serious. Sadly the outcome is someone losing their life or someone ending up an individual, broken in body and/or spirit who is forever sentenced to drive the same piece of junk that put him in that predicament in the first place. Watch out for Motorcyclist. Street racing is for the birds.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
When I'm near a bike in traffic I make sure that I do what I can to keep him out of my blind spot safely. Also when I'm behind one I make sure I give them extra room between us. I know that bike has way better brakes than I do and if he has to get on them hard, I'm gonna eat his rear end and that's just something I don't want. Not because it's going to horribly damage my vehicle, but rather because that rider is going to get messed up really bad, especially if I'm in the Explorer.

·
Registered
916 Posts
AUSTINSCOBRA said:
I was in a bad motorcycle accident 2 years ago. I thought I was invincible, dodge so many accident, always on the GO on my motorcycle. Until this one day, I took the bike out for a spin. I was going 35mph " speed limit " on a straight road and this 77 year old lady decided to make a left without yeilding and BAAAM im 15 feet up in the air & landed 20 feet away from where she hit me. It's funny how people where crying while trying to help me. I thought I was going to loose my leg. Found out I fractured my hip, tore every single ligaments on my knee " PCL, MCL, ACL, & Miniscus and tweak my knee cap " have a bulging disc on my L4, L5, busted my elbows & shoulder blades.

I miss riding but I also regret it. I was going through depression, I miss the first year of my son growing up. I couldnt play with him, I couldnt give him the attention he needed. Im a very active person and that accident took all that away from me for almost a year. I was on a wheelchair for 4 months.

I still ask my wife if I could get another bike, all I get is a big NO! Its not like it matters Ill get one if I really want to but I think about my kids. Once & a while I get on my homie's bike & I miss the heck out of it. But I got another baby coming & I want to be there as much as I can this time.

I know how you feel. I grew up riding dirt bikes and then got into hot rods. But then I got poor and took a friends bike for a ride. I couldn't believe how fast it was for so cheap and I was addicted instantly.

I bought a very fast street bike (this was several years ago) and started racing at some of the drag strips and canyon carving on the weekends. Dumped the bike several times, thought I was superman, can't hurt me.......

then it happened, just like you. I was just down the street from my house going slow through some back streets (just cruising) because I had decided not to wear my normal riding gear, just my helmet. Going about 30mph, an old lady pulls out in front of me and I fly a good 20 feet. Ripped my foot in two and spent 6 months in the hospital trying learn to walk again. Retired from bikes.......

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. A friend gets a bike. I fall in love with it and start getting the itch to get another bike. Wondering around bike shops, trying to hold myself back from all that excessive power.........

Then today comes.....traffic is backed up on the freeway, we finally get up to the accident scene and it's a mortorcycle. The guy is in bad shape, not moving, most likely dead, and the meds are working to bring him back.

I suddenly had a cold chill come over me, it all came rushing back. I knew what was to be that guy on the ground. And I think to my self, WHAT HELL WAS I THINKING.....no way! My wife sitting next to me said I looked pale as ghost after we passed that accident scene. How quickly we forget........ :sterb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.