Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By accident I held down reset and setup while turning my car on, and some weird debug menu popped up with rom info, display test etc.

I was just wondering if ther are any other tricks like this...maybe to get all the DTC lights to pop up? lol

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Interesting... I'm sure it's some Ford diagnostic that's not intended for the end-user..

·
Registered
125 Posts
hmm.. I was browsing the net a few days back and got directed to another forum where they were talking about a similar trick on the 99-04 mustangs. something to do with the trip reset button and starting the car a certain way.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Its one way for a Ford tech to get the part and engineering number and level without having to hook up a scan tool. Most of the other codes are gibberish that only a Ford engineer can figure out. The radio also has a similar function by pressing a couple of buttons simultaneously the radio part number and level is shown as well as the "speaker walkaround" test is done. Also on vehicles the climate cotrol also has a similar feature.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not that I dont believe that it was an accident that you discovered this but how do you 'accidently hold down setup and reset while starting your car?'

Seems like that would be something you'd have to purposely think about and do, being that they're both on the same side of the steering column... :laugh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was bored and searching =] lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.