Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the window weatherstrip retainer at the A-pillar? As part of the TSB concerning the water leaking inside it states to remove and check the foam gasket, only it doesn't say how to remove it. I thoiught I found my leak for sure when I found a missing cowl grommet. No such luck. Any help woulp be great.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The plastic cover just inside the window area, around the upper door opening just pops off when you pull it toward the inside. The rubber trim is held on with some push fasteners, maybe four of them and fits in a groove. You may break some of the fasteners if you are not careful.

Frank

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Did you also remove and clean out any debris that may have collected inside the 2 black rubber water drainage grommets on the underside of the firewall in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
then there is the rubber grommit wire harness that comes through the body thats located behind the inner fender well on the pass side coming into the passenger area through the firewall. you have to remove the inner fender well to get to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Water is comin in behind the glove box up high somewhere, I've been drivin around with the passenger seat out of the car and the carpet pulled back away from the kick panel that is also removed. I've been working my way through the TSB procedure and got stuck with the weather strip retainer. All the gromets are in place and the drains are clear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, and so far its cost me $200. It would have been 600 but I was able to clean the "smart junction box" instead of replacing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.