Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know if anobody up here in Canada has been driving in snow and all, I mean serious snow storm.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mustang in the snow

:walksmile Yes, I have had mine since Dec 17th and love it.
I put on a set of 4 Yokahoma Icegaurds and steel rims for the winter and they worked great.
I have the V6 with the Traction control, This is a must if you want to run in the winter.
I found on one big snow fall that I was making fresh tracks up a hill when the person to the left of me cut in front and I had to stop. Well starting up again became a challenge as the traction control kept coming on and reducing the power as not to spin the tires. Well I was not moving and had traffic now backing up behind me, so I turned off the Traction control and away I went with a little slipping here and there but if you take it easy no problem. Then once I was moving turned back on the Traction control.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2005 is a 4x4 compared to my '03!

I traded my '03 GT in on an '05 GT.

Brought the '03 in on a nice day in February....weather changed fast!

'03 almost got stuck in the parking lot at work with an inch of snow on the ground.

Picked up the '05 and it ran better on the Pirelli's than a guy from work with an '04 Taurus who was beside me most of the way home that night in the snow.

Steel wheels with snow tires would be awesome....this car is absolutely 4 season now!

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input

They were very interesting comments, and as mentioned, TC helps a lot plus an excellent set of tires is the way to go. And as we know, people here in canada were driving RWD before FWD. Whenever ESP comes standard or as an option it'll be great in snow.

Excerpt from : Bosch.com press release

A growing number of cars is equipped with ESP<sup>®</sup>

The rate of equipment differs from one country to the other. According to preliminary calculations, some 64 percent of all new vehicles in Germany were already fitted with ESP<sup>®</sup> in 2004, in France, about 39 percent of the new passenger cars were equipped with the system. The share for Europe in general amounted to 36 percent for that period. The equipment rate is even lower in Japan and North America: it is a little more than 10 percent for the United States, and a little less than that in Japan. However, major growth is expected in the next few years in the United States. The three biggest US car makers General Motors, Ford and Chrysler announced that they would provide most of their SUVs with the safety system as standard feature by 2006.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I drove my V6 all winter.

Four Blizzak tires and the car was great.
Being a 2000, it does not have TC or ABS which if used correctly can be entertaining.
I had a great winter.
Looking forward to bringing my Mach out soon as the spring rain cleans all the 'stuff' on the roads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My '05 Mustang will never see snow. Too nice of a car to dirty it up with salt and road crap from the winter. Once the city puts salt or sand down she goes in the garage with a car cover on her until spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.