Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ATI told me that the fuel pump supplied with the P1-SC-1 is "more than adequate" for the HP made/fuel supply required.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience to the contrary ? Since I'm intending to probably change to a D1 or F series should I "bite the bullet" now and change to a GT500 ?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
ATI told me that the fuel pump supplied with the P1-SC-1 is "more than adequate" for the HP made/fuel supply required.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience to the contrary ? Since I'm intending to probably change to a D1 or F series should I "bite the bullet" now and change to a GT500 ?
I guess if you want "adequate" but delivering the proper quantity of fuel is one of the most important things you need to do, especially being blown. If you don't get enough fuel and your mixture turns lean your engine goes boom.

This is one area you really want to get one level more than you need as a cheap insurance policy, IMHO. I have a GT500 dual pump module with dual Kenne Bell boost-a-pumps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I ran a KB BAP on the stock pump its good to 450 with the right tune! call this guy if you want the gt 500 pump kit and check his price.

1-800-328-9552 and ask for Steve.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys- I kinda thought I really should've upgraded but hesitated when I was told I didn't need to by ATI.

I'll give Steve a call - thanks again :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The F1 will destroy your stock block. The D1 make sure that you have a good tune on it. If you plan to make some serious power save your money now and go buy lethal performance's ultimate fuel system.

It will be more then enough to power your car and you will not have any issues with fuel. I personally do not like BAP's because if the likely hood of one going out your SOL. I am running duel BAP's though with a GT500 pump for the time being.

I am just waiting for Lethal to release there new billet fuel hat that will support 3 GT40 pumps. If you plan to make over 500 a BAP should not be used. Two GT40 pumps are good to 520-550 w/ stock hat. GT500 pumps I think are good for 550 as well.

Now saying the pump is good for that I do not like pushing parts to there limits. If I know I am going to be pushing 700rwhp I want a fuel system that is efficient to over 800rwhp.

Don't go cheap on your fuel system I tried to at first and it landed me in throwing away a bunch of money, buying parts twice, blown motor, and time wasted.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate what you're saying: before I go beyond 10 lbs. of boost on the P1-SC-1 I intend to get a completely re-built/new engine, one that will have the capacity to withstand any HP that the D1 or F1 would produce at the boost levels I would be running at.

As far as fuel systems are concerned, I had thought that I should upgrade now to the GT500 so I (a) wouldn't have to do it later and (b) I wouldn't have to worry about any possibility of fuel starvation with the P1. That was alswo my thought in using MMR's fuel "logs" which are 5/8" vs. the 5/16" OEM rail diameter.

Anything else I should consider ? For example, should the OEM fuel line from the tank to the engine compartment be replaced with a larger diameter line ? Also, will the Fitch Fuel Catalyst I intend to install create any "flow" issues under maximum boost ?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The GT500 pump will be fine for you. They are good for 550.

Once you go for over 600 though I would get Lethal Performance's New fuel System that is coming out and just sale the GT500 pumps, but i personally would not do any thing with out the duel pumps and duel drive modules.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brenspeed said that up to 600 but either way it'll work for now.

So you'd run the GT setup beyond 600 HP ?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
No neither pumps are good for that much over 550. I had the GT40 pumps that they sale and they cut out at 520-540ish rwhp.
I would not run the GT500 pumps past 550 RWHP they maybe good up to 600 but I am sure you will start having issues around there when you start to pull more timing and will need to run two BAP's.

I just personally tested the two GT40 Pumps to the stock hat and they will not go to 600 efficiently. I didn't even get a chance to have timing pulled at all from my car and they started to fail after 5,000 rpms.

They are a great set up though because if you plan to buy lethals set up you can use those two pumps with there billet fuel fuel hat and MDM. Any thing over 550 in my opinion it is wise to have duel FPDM's and Pumps.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
They have a system that is our now.That converts the GT500 System to run GT40 Pumps with lines harness's duel FPDM, Rails, ect. That is the one that you want its good up to 750 est but has never been pushed past that so it might be good for more.

They are making though a Custom Billet Fuel Hat that will run 3 GT40 pumps and a MDM that will power all three pumps and REALLY good fuel rails and the rest of a complete kit. Price still unknown. But that is the one that you want.

·
Registered
173 Posts
troon,

BAP at 10 psi is all you need! Wait until the new hat from Fore/Leathel is out and put your own system together. I could have built mine for $750 instead I paid over $1400 on there system.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
+1 on deuce

I ran a BAP with 550 rwhp all day long. I plan to do the GT500 pumps with two Baps just to get the car running until I can get lethals new kit this Oct. I figure a GT500 kit and two baps wont be hard to sale either.

But if you have time to wait that lethal kit is going to be unstoppable.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
It depends how crazy you want to get with your car. The GT500 is a better system if you just want to stay around 550. If you go any higher then that you will need two baps for each pump.

A BAP now would be a band air until you forge your block and put a larger blower on it and buy the lethal system. Which is not the GT500 pumps but three GT40 pumps ran off a billet fuel hat.

If you get the GT500 pumps now you will eventually have to get rid of them but same goes for the GT500 pumps. It is just a less expensive way to do it for now. Both is effective but one is better on the wallet.

If you only wanted to stay around 550 then I would just get the GT500 pumps but if you plan on getting over 650 then the lethal set up is a must. Expect to pay over 1700 for every thing for the lethal kit which will include the hat, pumps, rails, lines, wires and MDM.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I'll do the GT500 for now and wait til I get forged/new engine/Lethal comes out with its new system...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you only wanted to stay around 550 then I would just get the GT500 pumps but if you plan on getting over 650 then the lethal set up is a must.
The lethal system is not even available yet as far as I know. How do guys get over 650 now? Come on, tact_out, let's not spread false information around.

A GT500 with dual BAPs will support over 800 HP. Not my opinion, facts based on Kenne Bell research.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.